Home

IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me

This is a discussion on IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #41
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
You couldn't tell the difference in tackling and momentum?

Those are very noticeable if you know about them going in, but if you didn't, I could definitely understand how it could be something that not everyone would notice. Especially in a brief play through.

My $1 defense lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #42
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Tackling, blocking, players not warping or shifting, the way the game feels, all much improved.

May not be too much of an improvement to him.

Now he owes me $2 lol.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 8

First... I don't trust IGN or any of the other reviewers when it comes to Madden. They have proven over the years that game critics are too pressed to make deadlines to be trustworthy sources of god information for the games I play.

That said, I buy this guys take because it seems honest. He says that his Madden exposure is limited and that he has preferred NCAA for years. For him and the way he plays, NCAA may hold more promise.

But for some of us, NCAA holds 0 (zero) appeal. I have hated college football for as long as I've been a Madden player. Personally, I don't watch, play, or care about collegiate football or it's players until draft day.

The most telling part of the article are the comments about the grass and commentary are telling. Neither of these things matter, IMO, and the emphasis on these issues reflect the level of depth most critics are capable of reviewing the game...

I have to assume that this critic's 'fun' is a function of his apparent preference for the NCAA over the NFL in general.

Later
Old 07-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is also the same guy that was dropping back 20 yards to throw passes in the NCAA 12 demo awhile back. He tries to pretend that he knows a lot about football, but it's pretty obvious he doesn't know much at all. So yeah, like others have said, I don't trust anything IGN has to say regarding sports games. With that said, I will be buying both NCAA 12 and Madden 12 this year because they both look amazing.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #45
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

Most of the reviewers from these sites know very little about the specific sport for the game they are reviewing. I'll go even further. Most have very little knowledge about any sport. He might be a very nice guy, but he has absolutely no business reviewing or previewing any sports game. A lot of people will make their decision on whether to buy based on what the IGN review score is. This is just wrong on so many levels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #46
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

I agree that the article is nonsense, but I've seen a lot of people talk about "isn't this the guy that dropped back a billion yards...", etc. What does that have to do with his qualification to have an opinion on NCAA/Madden?

If the game allows him to do this and be successful, isn't the problem the game and not him?

I think your ridicule is sorely misplaced.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #47
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I agree that the article is nonsense, but I've seen a lot of people talk about "isn't this the guy that dropped back a billion yards...", etc. What does that have to do with his qualification to have an opinion on NCAA/Madden?

If the game allows him to do this and be successful, isn't the problem the game and not him?

I think your ridicule is sorely misplaced.
The whole dropping back issue is such a easy fix, and I could never figure out way it was a issue never really addressed.

Lets say a Qb's range for throwing a football is 50 yards. Now he is on the 50 yrard line, but now drops back 20 yars. Now he should only be able to reach the 30 yard line. The WR's that are in the endzone can not be reached.

Lets say his wr is running a 10 yard out, but the QB drops 20 yrds. Now he is going to have to throw a 30 yrd out. Which now takes longer to get there, and much tougher to complete.

If the game just honored the qb's throwing range. Players that drop back very far will pay the price.

It's such a easy fix.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #48
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
May not be too much of an improvement to him.

Now he owes me $2 lol.
*Hands over $2*

I wasn't overly impressed with the changes. It's almost there, but not quite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »