Home

IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me

This is a discussion on IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I agree that the article is nonsense, but I've seen a lot of people talk about "isn't this the guy that dropped back a billion yards...", etc. What does that have to do with his qualification to have an opinion on NCAA/Madden?

If the game allows him to do this and be successful, isn't the problem the game and not him?

I think your ridicule is sorely misplaced.
I only used that reference to make a point that he wouldn't know what a good football game plays like to begin with. Even listening to him talk during the NCAA 12 demo was like listening to a 14 year old with no knowledge of the sport whatsoever, which is why I don't take his articles seriously.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #50
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

before E3 i was skeptical on getting madden from EA but after seeing alot of game play video i was hooked on getting it. but then the ncaa demo came out and i was impressed with how fluid the players moved and graphics with Dynamic lighting.
amazing if you ask me but then i was hearing reports that the ps3 version was crap compaired to the xbox 360 version so now i am in same boat and that is wait and see i do not feel that ps3 port should be any different then xbox version.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #51
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I agree that the article is nonsense, but I've seen a lot of people talk about "isn't this the guy that dropped back a billion yards...", etc. What does that have to do with his qualification to have an opinion on NCAA/Madden?
His play style doesn't invalidate his opinion (to me). What ruins his opinion is that he admittedly has played NCAA for the past week while only getting half a game in with Madden. As he said, he's playing NCAA to review, so he has a copy that far along. Who knows how far along the Madden build he played is? Comparing the review copy of a game to one that's still a work in progress is just misleading. Depending on the build of Madden, many of the things he mentioned as positives for NCAA (progressive lighting, commentary, general fluidity) could have been improved.

This just seems like a quick blog post on a major gaming site, which is just lazy.

(In the interest of disclosure, I generally dislike Greg Miller's content due to the way he conducts himself in WWE game coverage. My opinion of him may have, in some way, tainted my reading of this news piece.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
You know its funny to me because, yesterday I downloaded and played the NCAA12 demo and was impressed. Im not a huge college football fan at all, but I always heard good things the past 2yrs about the NCAA games. I really like the demo, while playing it I kept saying to myself, if Madden 12 isn't equal or greater than this game in presentation, graphics and gameplay it is a shame, with Madden being the flagship title. Im hoping NCAA12 hasn't ruined Madden 12 for me, but from ive being reading on different websites, early reports have been saying that NCAA12 will be better than Madden12...

maddens not the flagship title.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #53
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by liletdeblet
maddens not the flagship title.
I've never even played FIFA, but I know that it is the flagship lol
Old 07-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #54
Banned

nor have I
Old 07-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #55
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
I've never even played FIFA
Oh my you guys are missing out on a good game. It actually represents the sport on the cover, rather than Madden and NCAA which are far from representing football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUfootball
Oh my you guys are missing out on a good game. It actually represents the sport on the cover, rather than Madden and NCAA which are far from representing football.
That could be the problem, the fact that Im enjoying the womens world cup much more than the mens says something, less bs less diving its actually a great sport played right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »