Home

questions about myleaguemanager.net??? please help thanks

This is a discussion on questions about myleaguemanager.net??? please help thanks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
questions about myleaguemanager.net??? please help thanks

myleaguemanager.net

Can anyone tell me how effective this site is for Online Franchise?

Have I been living under a rock? I've never heard of this site until I read in another post on here today and clearly it would change my mind about Online Franchise if it really works.

Most importantly, would all of our info (stats, trades, score, etc) be AUTOMATICALLY updated to this site by EA?

This is huge. Any info would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: questions about myleaguemanager.net??? please help thanks

If everything I read on their leaguemanager site is correct WHY WOULDN'T EA PROMOTE THIS??

Why would they just tell us oh sorry no Online Franchise improvements in Madden 12???
Old 07-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

I am trying to discuss with the Mods and Steve Noah if I can answer questions on here about LM. Hopefully we can start 1 thread as a Q&A section to answer all of your questions. To be fair guys this is their site and we all need to respect the fact that they don't want an offsite promotion going on in here. Until then Derek or I will be happy to answer any questions you may have via our site or emails:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old 07-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksumite
myleaguemanager.net

Have I been living under a rock? I've never heard of this site until I read in another post on here today and clearly it would change my mind about Online Franchise if it really works.

Most importantly, would all of our info (stats, trades, score, etc) be AUTOMATICALLY updated to this site by EA?

I co ran a league last year and am running one this year. I used league manager and it's awesome. Yes, there were some rough patches last year as there were bugs that caused some frustration. However, Derek Adams, the primary developer is a great guy and has really done a lot of work on the tool to make it work very well. I'm excited for my league this year as he is now working in conjunction with EA sports and we will be getting all of the things we have been clamoring for. Running a franchise is very tough business, especially in a league like ours since the team management aspects are just as big a part of it as playing the games. Once Tiburon combines the two franchise modes this will not be needed, but until that happens. this is an excellent stop-gap.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
myleaguemanager.net

yes not sure y you havent heard of the site till now
it been posted on front page on os couple months after madden 11 was realased

a lot has change on the site and more things will change on the site with more upgrades to it everyone that want a online franchise this the best way to run one with salary cap resign players stats and other stuff
best all derk always answers my email if i like him add a new feature or if i found a bug in the system

great site
great support
so ill use this till i stop buying madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

Ok, I received permission from a Moderator to answer some questions on here so i will bold them and answer inline.
Quote:
myleaguemanager.net

Derek started building this site at the start of Madden 11 shortly after they announced that no upgrades would be made to online franchise.

All the commissioner has to do to update the stats and rosters is use the sync feature... it takes about 2 minutes and we have always done it every morning either via computer or cell phone. its quick and easy and you can do it as often as you want.

Quote:
If everything I read on their leaguemanager site is correct WHY WOULDN'T EA PROMOTE THIS??

EA has done more than we could have ever wanted by allowing Derek and Andre access to their site to make all the updates happen. I truly believe that they want LM to be a success. Of course if it helps them get users for a game mode they are probably going to be all for it within reason.

Why would they just tell us oh sorry no Online Franchise improvements in Madden 12???
You can take it for what you want but by them granting us access to their information, they are showing that they do care about their customer. if they didn't want people to enjoy the game mode, they wouldn't have allowed us access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I co ran a league last year and am running one this year. I used league manager and it's awesome. Yes, there were some rough patches last year as there were bugs that caused some frustration. However, Derek Adams, the primary deve+-+loper is a great guy and has really done a lot of work on the tool to make it work very well. I'm excited for my league this year as he is now working in conjunction with EA sports and we will be getting all of the things we have been clamoring for. Running a franchise is very tough business, especially in a league like ours since the team management aspects are just as big a part of it as playing the games. Once Tiburon combines the two franchise modes this will not be needed, but until that happens. this is an excellent stop-gap.
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisedjase
yes not sure y you havent heard of the site till now
it been posted on front page on os couple months after madden 11 was realased

a lot has change on the site and more things will change on the site with more upgrades to it everyone that want a online franchise this the best way to run one with salary cap resign players stats and other stuff
best all derk always answers my email if i like him add a new feature or if i found a bug in the system

great site
great support
so ill use this till i stop buying madden
I know we sure try lol. Its hard to keep up with almost 2,000 leagues and then you add in the fact that GoDaddy.com suspended his service due to him getting around 200,000 hits /month was killing their servers. Since then he has gotten his owner dedicated servers and ported over 9 millions lines of code to get it back going again. A lot of our issues early on were server issues, but since then our stability has been top notch and Derek has added some help so he isn't trying to keep up all by himself.

MY PERSONAL goal for this coming Madden season is to have 5000 leagues and 70,000 individual users with 600,000 hits per month to the site.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #7
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0

I have a couple questions myself after messing with it a bit. Now let me start by saying I signed up my franchise that was in the middle of year 2 so I'm not sure if that would cause some of my issues. Would also like to know how these questions apply to the leaguemanager for Madden 12.

-Even with this great utility, do you still need to have your league act on honor rules? Meaning, even if someone is over the cap, can't they still just sign a guy through the game?

-Building on the last question, is there anything in place to prevent people from signing through the game? Like an auto-drop feature or something.

-Can you draft through the manager?

-Can I advance the week through the manager?

-How will player hold outs work?

-Is there any way to view injuries?

-*glitch* on player of the week, it says every player is on the colts which is not true. Is this a common problem?

-*possible glitch* For yearly awards the MVP and Rookie PoY are all defensive players. We have offensive guy who are nearly breaking records, not sure if this is normal.

That's all I can think of for now.

Last edited by DUDERMAN; 07-10-2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: typos/double question
Old 07-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

You can find the answers you need on the site you're asking about.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »