Home

IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me

This is a discussion on IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 04:57 AM   #1
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me

Interesting take on the two football games being released soon. I know some people don't listen to reviews or can't stand IGN but I just thought this was interesting.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1181223p1.html

Last edited by sarlndr; 07-08-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: IGN: NCAA 12 ruined MADDEN 12 for me

Though I haven't tried both games yet, I can clearly tell a difference between NCAA 12 gameplay videos and Madden 12 gameplay videos, and I've preferred NCAA 12 gameplay videos so far because they looks more authentic. NCAA 12 just look more like football to me than Madden 12 does, though the other game still tops both these games, in my opinion, in terms of proper visual representation of football.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:55 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

I wonder if this was a ps3 thing, because all Previous reports say madden was superior as far as gameplay and graphics go. This has been noted from our own Chase B as well. From what I've seen it looks like madden plays and looks better. But that has only been from the videos.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:04 AM   #4
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
I wonder if this was a ps3 thing, because all Previous reports say madden was superior as far as gameplay and graphics go. This has been noted from our own Chase B as well. From what I've seen it looks like madden plays and looks better. But that has only been from the videos.
It's more likely because of preferences rather than hardware. NCAA has a different feel than Madden and you'll likely prefer one over the other.

Last edited by guaps; 07-08-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

HA he lost me at

Quote:
The announcers in Madden are nowhere as lively as Brad Nessler and Kirk Herbstreit
Plus he is certainly Bias as a recent graduate of Mizzouri and a rabid college fan.

That said, NCAA is looking better to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Simply one mans opinion. It is all personal preference.

I have always enjoyed both games. They both have their own signature feel. It just depends what kind of mood I am in.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
It's more likely because of preferences rather than a hardware. NCAA has a different feel than Madden and you'll likely prefer one over the other.
You are right, he said he's not impartial, he's more of a college fan. I gave up reading right there.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

I'll be getting both, the games will never be the same and you will hate and enjoy the differences.

Madden has always been my choice over NCAA simply because I'm a huge Eagles fan, and an average college fan. However, last year I felt collge's Dynasty was ahead of Madden's Franchise mode. Their Online Dynasty replicated the offline Dynasty.

I will play Madden more than college, the commentary is the least of my worries when it comes to these game, it looks good yes, but there's no way it ruins it for me.

Madden will have a revamped franchise, new DPP, and traits, I'm super excited!

College will have couching carousel and I'm excited to get into that. Hopefully building up from Ohio University to Ohio State, or Ohio U, to Cinn, to Ohio State, just seems like a great challenge.

My take on college (Heisman difficulty) I felt that the tackling was kind of sloppy and everywhere. I mean it's nice to see different tackles, but they just felt very loose and uncontrollable at times. The running lanes open up much better this year. However, I don't like how Madden and College changes their cover 3s. They have the S going into the flats and the LB covering a yellow zone. . . Against a 3 WR set your LB is going to get killed, that safety is faster, further back, and can run with someone better than a LB. So I don't like that.

I ran the same play at least 10 times running hurry up (off-tackle) and the CPU never changed their defense, or recognized the play, so that's a minus. If the tackling is the same in Madden I will be a bit disappointed, however nothing college does is ruining Madden for me. People try to compare the two games, but they're always going to be different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »