Home

How Do You Know so Much About Madden?

This is a discussion on How Do You Know so Much About Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #33
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: How Do You Know so Much About Madden?

T. Cody is a rookie DT in Madden 11. While only a 72 OVR rated player, he has something like 97 block shedding against the run and around 92 power moves against the pass. His weakness is his VERY slow 42 speed. He isn't going to chase a QB down like Warren Sapp, but in the small space he plays, he clogs holes and causes problems for the offense.

The Ravens in Madden 11 have a few upgrades on both sides of the ball that make them a great team in the video game. The offense gained weapons and the defense gained added depth. In Madden 10 I suggest you try playing with the Steelers instead.

It sounds like, for the most part, you do not need a lot of help offensively. You appear to be able to put points on the board. It just takes time and practice to get better at defense.

I would like to mention though that I was not that big of a fan of Madden 10. The angles the defenders take to chase down the ball carrier is really bad in that game. Plays that should have only gained a few yards can turn into big gains and plays that would have gotten some nice yardage can turn into scores thanks to this problem.

In the video below, watch how the defenders do a poor job of trying to contain my running back and how this gives up the TD.

This is a big reason why I didn't play Madden 10 very much.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #34
D53
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How Do You Know so Much About Madden?

PGaither84,

Are you sure that video clip isn't from a real game? Its hard for me to tell the difference sometimes! I will be buying Madden 12 as soon as it comes out. MY 12 year-old grandson lives in Japan (on a US Navy base). He and his family are in the US for a short period of time this summer. He wil be in the US for another wekk and then will be returning to Japan (hmm, I wonder what impact any failure for the federal government to pass a budget would have on that...That's off-topic so lets not go down that road.).

Yesterday, he stated that he beat me "almost" every game we played over the last couple of weeks (sigh), so he didn't think of me as much of a challenge. I reminded him that I beat him the last time we played. We'll see if we play any more games before he leaves. Unfortunately, he has an Xbox and I have a PS3, so I don't think we can play each other on-line.

I may switch over to the Steelers if he beats me again.

Last edited by D53; 07-25-2011 at 09:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »