Home

Madden NFL 12 Has Rated Four Players at 99. Overrated? Who Missed the Cut?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Has Rated Four Players at 99. Overrated? Who Missed the Cut? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #57
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Brady OVERRATED! Should be rated a 94, Troy Polamalu 99, Gates should be a 89, Revis 99!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 12 Has Rated Four Players at 99, Overrated? Who Missed the Cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09
Amused at the fact that Witten's 44 more catches again aren't mentioned. ALSO Jon Kitna was QBing this Cowboys team a majority of the year and threw Witten 8 of his 9 touchdowns!

So by your 6 less games argument. . . Miles Austin was deserving of being higher than Larry Fitz and Calvin because he put up more yards (than Fitz and Calvin) and 6 more td's than Calvin in 5 less games. Sooo Miles should have been a 96-98 OVR?
You are obsessed with these 44 more catches! What's your point, more catches shows who is better? Or who puts points on the board? Who gets more yards? Not catches. Yards/TDs/W's is what matters in the NFL. That's like saying X RB is better than Y RB because he has more carries. . . WTF?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Brady? Who won the Superbowl? Rodgers should be a 99.
I hate this argument. That's like saying everybody on the Packers should be a 99. Should Rex Grossman have been a 99 if the Bears won the Superbowl a few years ago? Should Big Ben have been a 99 in Madden 07?

Back on topic, I'm glad to see Troy finally got the 99 rating that he deserved last year. Antonio Gates is iffy though, because you need a tight end to block, and he doesn't do that. Revis and Brady fully deserve it in my opinion though.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:35 PM   #60
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Revis i would put at 98. Him and Nnamdi i'd put them both at 98. Part of the problem is teams don't throw on them but teams have had success on Revis on a big play or 2. Moss got him deep. I know it's a rare thing for something like that to happen but when you only get thrown on a short amount of times it makes the successful plays more noticeable because they usually are big plays. So the game should reflect that. Teams should try to avoid throwing on these guys, and by teams i mean cpu AI, but when they do there is that slight possibility for a big play but other than that they're pretty much lockdown.

Brady & Manning should be the only 99s. The 2 of them at this point in their careers are both already top 5 All Time QBs. When you watch these 2 you are looking at the perfect examples of what it is to be a QB. The way they approach the game, the mental aspect and knowing their opponents and the defenses they run, the leadership aspect with how they control and command their teammates. The confidence aspect where the Colts & Patriots always feel that they are fine when the ball is in their hand. The coaching aspect to where they both read the defense at the line and change and call the plays based on what they see and how they seem to always know which WR to throw to. The accuracy on short passes, deep balls, screen passes, the finesse, the velocity. The 2 of them could go down as the greatest 2 to play the game. I'd put Brady right behind Montana and Peyton ahead of Marino with Utitas at 3. So 1. Montana 2. Brady 3. Unitas 4. Manning 5. Marino.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't see how you can rate Brady a 99 after that last playoff game vs the Jets, he, nay the whole Patriots organization was had in that game, and Brady showed what he'd been all year, a small ball ball control QB. Not saying he's not amazing but 99 when Peyton "Put Da Team on His Back Tho" Manning gets a 98. Polomalu is overrated, sure he's impactful in every phase but, if 99 is that special, i'll have to say no. everyone else was good though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 8
They all are good players but i dnt think any of needs to be 99 rating, they all had a weak spot in there games this past season. Gates i really dnt knw why he even wld be that high, Troy didn't have good year to me to be high, Revis played hurt and to me didn't have a 99 rating. Last Madden had some RBs in 99...dnt see any this time that is a shocker but i really think every one in the NFL did not play good enough last season to have a 99 rating in madden..just my thoughts tho but like everyone has said already once your in the 90's rating you can just start nip picking and overall ratings really don't mean anything in madden videogames. it is about the important features for each position. ex(rbs(speed,truck, carries) wr(speed,routes,catch, maybe jump), qbs(throw prower, accurancy, throw on the run, and speed if you want a running qb) i can go on but i think a smart person knw what i'm trying to say.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #63
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Revis and Gates definitely shouldn't be 99.

I just hope that speed doesn't trump every other ability like other past year madden games. For example I'd rather have a WR rated 69 ovr that had a 95 speed and 98 accleration over a 90 ovr player with 84 speed and 90 accel.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:02 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 8
lol and thats part of my point...ovr is point less because of the certain attributes have more importance to the madden videogame when it comes down to it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »