Home

When will FairPlay Rules return?

This is a discussion on When will FairPlay Rules return? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: When will FairPlay Rules return?

I'd like fair play rules back as well but now with the OC feature theres much less of a need for it IMO

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #74
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'd like fair play rules back as well but now with the OC feature theres much less of a need for it IMO
I agree, but that still doesn't stop someone from being an idiot. We'll find out how "sim" some of these guys say they are.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I agree, but that still doesn't stop someone from being an idiot. We'll find out how "sim" some of these guys say they are.
True. You know I don't understand why EA doesn't add the ability for users to add comments like EBay does. Sure a lot of people wouldn't leave anything or only comment when it was a bad experience but it would still work because if someone acts like an idiot in every game there profile would be full of negative comments. Whereas if you played like a normal person you would most likely have very few comments good or bad..

EA also needs to have stats displayed for the user tendencies such as hurry up offense, scrambles with QB, % of time the user goes for it on fourth down, etc etc...This IMO would be better than forcing ppl to punt and other issues like fairplay did. Because you could just avoid idiots altogether, instead of playing an idiot and the game sometimes make them play less idiotic....

We had a web based version of this in the PS2 days, they need to being that back. Hell, develop an iPad app and smartphone app while you're at it, that would be awesome.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 07-26-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 03:05 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think a in-depth customizable version for online play would be great. off line I don't care because I have always set house rules for myself because no matter how in-depth Fair Play is made there will always be unique situations where I personally find it acceptable to go for it that may be restricted by fair play.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPM19
I think a in-depth customizable version for online play would be great. off line I don't care because I have always set house rules for myself because no matter how in-depth Fair Play is made there will always be unique situations where I personally find it acceptable to go for it that may be restricted by fair play.
i agree
there are other strategical moves that will be restricted by fairplay rules.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 25

Here is a good video on sim vs tourney that kind of goes along with the fair play settings discussion. It seems most peoples ideas on what should be in fair play differ in atleast some areas and with the addition of KOTC Wayne in the discussion, the video seems appropriate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihFAm...e_gdata_player
Old 07-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #79
Banned

angrysquirrel's Arena

OVR: 9

Maybe Communities will have Fair Play.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Here is a good video on sim vs tourney that kind of goes along with the fair play settings discussion. It seems most peoples ideas on what should be in fair play differ in atleast some areas and with the addition of KOTC Wayne in the discussion, the video seems appropriate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihFAm...e_gdata_player

Video does nothing, just gibs talking about how he a neutral baller and how SIM and Tourny dont exist. Well, I disagree to the fullest and this is why we have communities. If those 2 styles didnt exist, we wouldnt be here with wishlists full of fix nano's, QB Spy, HB draw, Screen passes, and whatever else you those guys find to exploit the game with.

The name of the game is NFL football and to an certain extent I feel that going for it on 4th down is a "situational" aspect of the game. I'm not with the guys who go for it in unrealistic scenario's like 4th and 15 or whatever, but if its 4th and 2 or less, then I am cool with that.

As far as other rules or options we are looking for to watchout for cheaters and all, shouldnt be that difficult at all. If it cant be done on a consistant basis in real life, then it shouldnt even be allowed free reign in a video game.

For instance, the Rocket Catch! Sure, you have guys like Moss and Plax who have the height and skill to make those catches, but do you really think the can do it down for down no matter the coverage or type of pass being thrown to them along with there footing and all?

Another thing is the "setup" of these nano blitzes! We see them coming and people putting there guys in position to take advantage of a programming flaw in the game, but at the same time, its justified by these guys because they seen someone do it in real life like once or twice. Its not something that happens down for down or in every game thats played either.

Spec catching is another one that has been taking down a few notches do to people exploiting this feature with unrealistic results. How many times a game or season do you actually see these SPEC CATCHES actually become successful even when they are attempted? But in madden 08-09, it was down at will down for down regardless the coverage. But doing all that is and was acceptable to these guys way of playing in tournaments and all.

Whatever rules we can vote and agree on here or wherever as far as fair play goes, then I will be down with those rules in a SIM environment!

Sgibs, you cant be both and then not exist at all, it just doesnt make sense or add up!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »