Home

When will FairPlay Rules return?

This is a discussion on When will FairPlay Rules return? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #33
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: When will FairPlay Rules return?

Ranked games are like the OVR rating. Their both meaningless despite how many people cling to them like they were the two most important parts of the game.

Come to places like OS and find a group of sim-style gamers to play with. Don't play randoms. I don't care what my win/loss looks like in Madden. I care about having a fun sim-style experience.

You don't need "fair play" rules to do this.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #34
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

I can see both sides of this..

The liberty side of me says to just let people do what they want.. If they want to go for it on 4th and 25, why not? If they want to punt the ball when they are 2 yards from the endzone, whose to stop them?

But that is why I stopped playing online.. people dont play sports games like the actual sport. They are either too good at a video game for me to feel embarrassed to lose to them and its a waste of my time to play them and they dont really know anything about the actual sport or they find some flaw in the AI and/or run the same 5 plays the whole game.

So with that sentiment, yea, make it a lobby thing. But make it optional... last thing I want is another regulation or restriction forced down my throat... the government does enough of that already.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Why's that?
The answer to your question is the quote portion you put in bold... That is when they release the online playbook. July 25th, also known as this coming Monday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 02:53 AM   #36
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
The answer to your question is the quote portion you put in bold... That is when they release the online playbook. July 25th, also known as this coming Monday
Got ya. What's that have to do with fair play rules though? I'm confused...

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-23-2011, 08:44 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm just hoping all is well and playing lobby games is fun for a short time until the weak fall victim to the people who cheat them out of games and they end up doing it themselves, one of those "if you cant beat'em, join them" type of deals.

This has been expressed every year and apparently EA doesnt want to completely get rid of this aspect of online play. I guess its fun to them too and the fact that these same guys get the game early every year and make money off these exploits is beyond ridiculous.

I for one am tired of being put in the sandbox when there are other options of toys at the park to play with and others to play with. EA needs to "police" there online games more and unify online accounts so we wont have people exploiting the game under aliases and crap.

Thats the only way to stop the segregation of online play in madden as I see it. The sameway you guys are vigilant here with banning and deleting threads, do that in madden and everything would be peachy. Then they would have a taste of how it feels to feel like you wasted $60 every year on this game and dont get to enjoy it!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Got ya. What's that have to do with fair play rules though? I'm confused...
lol, if I could answer you I would! You will find out on Monday. Fellow Game Changer Jake Stein wrote the blog for this one. Its going to be a huge addition. Dont get me wrong, I'm not much of an online player (I'm a huge online franchise guy), while I'm very dissappointed with the news about online franchise this year, I am equally excited about online community and the impact it will have on the online experience.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 0

SIMstyle, I dig your style man. If they turn on a seperate lobby for sim play, whatever it is they turned off this generation that messed up player locomotion/momentum/weight/running animations, they need to turn that **** back on too.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #40
Rookie

Uncle Way's Arena

OVR: 8

All for Fair Play options that would limit when users could attempt to go for it on 4th down...

If it could be taken a step further and limit QB accuracy on the run, off the back foot and 20yds behind the LoS, I'm all for that as well..

I'm typically an OF player, but playing strictly OF games drastically limits the number of games I'm able to get in.. Quick Play games are usually the same bull**** over and over, getting lucky and finding a decent opponent maybe 1/8 tries.. A Fair Play/Sim Lobby would definitely be the best and most efficient option to appease the masses as well as the few who are trying to play football(At leeast until the NFL finally allows 2k to bid on the rights as well)

Sidenote: You'd be surprised by how many people frequent this site, claiming to want sim football experiences, but fall into the same gimmicky, by any means neccesary arcade football that we all despise.. That's clearly evident by how many people in this thread oppose the simple Fair Play rules in this thread that ONLY limit 4th down conversion attempts.. The OP suggested limiting it to 4th and 5 or less, a reasonable request still leaving considerable leeway for dumb decisions. This suggestion is being opposed because it limits "strategy and free will"...

It's ridiculous... Once again, if you don't like the options, don't use them.. It seems the only way to guarantee to a game played within the general realm of realistic football is for EA to place limitations on the user.. If you don't like them, don't use them....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »