Home

Team ratings vs individual ratings (especially speed).

This is a discussion on Team ratings vs individual ratings (especially speed). within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Team ratings vs individual ratings (especially speed).

Anyone ever notice that the overal team ovr rating seems to matter little in the performance of the team? It seems that the ratings of the individuals, especially speed, seem to matter the most. I have played on fairly week offensive teams but because I get a speed back (whose ovr is like 75) I can be superbowl champs. It really seems like the most important rating in M11 is speed (other than the QB of course). I consistently find that high rated D's don't seem to play as well as another D that's lower rated but has a few superstars (say at DE, LB and Cb....ratings in the 90's and the rest of the D team is say low 80's or upper 70's vs. a team with no 90's but all are in the upper 80's). That type of team seems to do better than a more well rounded team. And again on offense, give me a speed back and it's easy.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
Banned

Elements's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Team ratings vs individual ratings (especially speed).

This explains why people will pass up a 90+ receiver with only 84 speed and 98 hands and rather go with a 77 Receiver with 99 speed and 71 hands. You see it all the time in Online Franchise. Owners stack their team around speed. On the line it doesn't matter, and even at the tailback position it doesn't matter because more often then not that RB is going to Fumble because his carrier rating is 63.

Madden 11 had bunch of drafting flaws. Hopefully the dev team took notice to all of the speedballers they threw in last year, and toned it down!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Team ratings vs individual ratings (especially speed).

just because jon robinson says speed speed speed in the roster previews doesnt make it the head thing because he works at espn not madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »