Home

Adding sliders via a patch to OF

This is a discussion on Adding sliders via a patch to OF within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
Adding sliders via a patch to OF

Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone on here or possibly any devs checking in would be able to explain the difficulty of adding sliders to online franchise via a patch. The reason why I ask is because there are lots of folks in the community wondering about this and wondering why it would be so hard. If it is in fact not do-able, it would be great to get an explanation as to why.

The settings are already there and the UI to change sliders is already built, why can't it just be made accessible to users? If online communities can have sliders, many are baffled as to why this would be so difficult to do? It would really change our online franchises for the better if we could get sliders.

The other question being asked is if the draft classes are going to at least be different. I would hope they are different from last year. That would really be a problem as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Adding sliders via a patch to OF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
If online communities can have sliders, many are baffled as to why this would be so difficult to do?
Word.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

in my opinion this should be a no brainer. the sliders and are more than likely saved on the servers for each group so why not make the online franchise connect with those groups.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone on here or possibly any devs checking in would be able to explain the difficulty of adding sliders to online franchise via a patch. The reason why I ask is because there are lots of folks in the community wondering about this and wondering why it would be so hard. If it is in fact not do-able, it would be great to get an explanation as to why.

The settings are already there and the UI to change sliders is already built, why can't it just be made accessible to users? If online communities can have sliders, many are baffled as to why this would be so difficult to do? It would really change our online franchises for the better if we could get sliders.

The other question being asked is if the draft classes are going to at least be different. I would hope they are different from last year. That would really be a problem as well.
I totally agree. Sliders for online franchise is huge, and should have been the one thing added this year.

Wow I totally forgot about this. I really do hope they see this thread and really consider adding this option in.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I totally agree. Sliders for online franchise is huge, and should have been the one thing added this year.

Wow I totally forgot about this. I really do hope they see this thread and really consider adding this option in.
Thanks Tyrant. It really should be easy. That's the one thing they can do this year. Then spend their efforts implementing it right for next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 03:47 AM   #6
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

a guy can dream

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-29-2011, 05:39 AM   #7
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

There was a similar thread that got moved yesterday. So I'll post my comment here too.
If they could only add one thing to Online Franchise this would be my choice. Sliders are a huge reason why NCAA's OD is so much better than Madden's OF. And this has been in NCAA for years so why can't they do it in Madden?
I'm still holding out hope that it will be possible with a combination of Communities and OF in Madden 12. But the fact that there hasn't been any "official" confirmation at this point has my hopes pretty much crushed.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4

I could not agree more. If they would add sliders for OF, I would definitely buy Madden 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »