Home

A Discussion for the OS Madden 2012 Reviewers

This is a discussion on A Discussion for the OS Madden 2012 Reviewers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #33
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: A Discussion for the OS Madden 2012 Reviewers

Madden 11 scoring a 9 and being mentioned in the same neighborhood as NBA 2k11 according to this site was a joke, and really pretty much lumped OS into the other mediocre SportsGames Review sites like IGN,Gamespot ect ect

I remember Ian parading around saying how his game scored a 9 here at OS

I agree with the OP, this site and other sites definitely have to be harder on these guys about the issues he outlined.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-01-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #34
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Big eye opening moment for me was when the initial previews started coming out for NCAA 12. I saw that the people giving the previews had all only played a couple games, some less than a full game. Also noticed that the previews across multiple sites sounded exactly the same because they were just regurgitating the dev's hype points. The worst thing was comparing the previews to ones from the previous year and seeing that they were just repeating themselves. In some cases nearly word for word.

I already didn't put a lot of stock into reviews or previews but that was the last straw. I didn't read a single review for NCAA 12 and I will not read any for Madden either. I don't think reviewers are being intentionally malicious but we can't really trust what they put out anymore. Only thing that makes sense is to try the game out yourself before committing to a purchase.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Madden 11 scoring a 9 and being mentioned in the same neighborhood as NBA 2k11 according to this site was a joke, and really pretty much lumped OS into the other mediocre SportsGames Review sites like IGN,Gamespot ect ect

I remember Ian parading around saying how his game scored a 9 here at OS

I agree with the OP, this site and other sites definitely have to be harder on these guys about the issues he outlined.
I also remember Ian complaining because Gamespot gave Madden a 7.5. He made a huge stink about it and the next thing you know, they somehow got the review score changed. That sealed it for me. I lost all respect for them after that. I don't completely disregard all reviews from here or other sites when it comes to Madden, I just take whatever score they gave it and subtract 2.5 points. There is no way you can convince me that ANY Madden game this generation should have received any higher than a 7.5. Even that's pushing it. To give Madden 11 a higher score than NBA 2k11 is flat out embarrassing and basically removed ANY credibility here whatsoever when it comes to reviewing games.

The other beef which I mentioned earlier is the fact that Madden always gets a 9 here, then the following year, I read a preview on here saying how flawed the prior installment was. Really? How come those were failed to be mentioned? Once again, the people that are asking for fair reviews want them not because they want to see Madden fail. It's the exact opposite. They want the developers to get the hint that their game sucks. Period. That's the biggest problem at Tiburon as I see it. They are so disconnected that they don't even know that they have these problems in their game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22

I still can't think of a single significant gameplay enhancement that the Tiburon football games have brought this generation. Contrast that to pretty much every other sports game this generation introducing something that pushed that respective genre forward. I think that's the disconnect; how can the titles be mentioned amongst the best when they routinely escape the scrutiny the others have to live under. The standard they're held to is different.
I will say this for them with NFL HC they made the most complete franchise mode of just about any console sports games.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #37
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Eh. People worry too much about review scores. The only review of a sports game I care about is my own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »