Home

Why are all Online Wins created equal?

This is a discussion on Why are all Online Wins created equal? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Why are all Online Wins created equal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTC Wayne
I agree to the fullest and this is coming from a HC tourney player and there are guys in my community that look to just str8 play the game to take advantage of the A.I. every time and I tell those guys that I have absolutely no respect for their game and I avoid playing them as much as possible ( when we are in a league, I have to play them ).

What would you say about playing someone who plays real football but incorporates a little of Madden-Ball into their games which I feel everyone plays Madden-Ball every now and then. If you have ever hiked the ball taking off running st8 backwards, thats Madden-ball. If you run to the opposite side of where you are throwing the HB screen, that's Madden-ball. It's so many things that can be consider Madden-ball.

Not true at all and I have seen teams in real life do just this to throw off there defense. But as far as the other stuff goes, then yea. EA used to grey out the passing icons for those run back QBs who throw accurate off there backfeet, but thats gone aswell too.

But in all honesty wayne, you guys opened up "pandora's box" in the first place by embracing this type of gameplay. The fact that you may only do this in "tourny play" gives the followers more incentive to use guys like us as practice dummies and its very annoying.

In a way, its like trying to stop the war on drugs or gangbanging, its not going anywhere until someone puts there foot down on the necks of those who continue to play this way and ruin the fun of many gamers.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMosinNagant
I don't care if i had a win lose record of 10-100000 I just play online for fun like the others said the online record is nothing just an ego boost, you don't win anything.
Apparently there is some sort of award past the initial satisfaction of winning that we are missing.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
[/b]

Not true at all and I have seen teams in real life do just this to throw off there defense. But as far as the other stuff goes, then yea. EA used to grey out the passing icons for those run back QBs who throw accurate off there backfeet, but thats gone aswell too.

But in all honesty wayne, you guys opened up "pandora's box" in the first place by embracing this type of gameplay. The fact that you may only do this in "tourny play" gives the followers more incentive to use guys like us as practice dummies and its very annoying.

In a way, its like trying to stop the war on drugs or gangbanging, its not going anywhere until someone puts there foot down on the necks of those who continue to play this way and ruin the fun of many gamers.
A lot of it can be fixed if Tiburon ever decided to implement a few things in the game. The truth of the matter is, they PURPOSELY have left these items in. Things like proper foot planting, Requiring the QB to actually set his feet. Not being able to throw the ball on a rope across your body when running in the opposite direction, etc. Go ask the gameplay guys at Tiburon and they will tell you, "Yeah, we know it's not realistic, but it's fun." Really? Fun for whom? Fun for a 10 year old kid who doesn't know the difference? Make it realistic, and people of all interest and skill levels will adjust and play the game anyway.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #20
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

usually people whose records are bad are the ones not concerned lol but thats for another day..anyway people like having a good record so what..what will be the point of trying to play franchise mode and rebuild a team..so you can get a better record..herm edwards said it best though "you play to win the game!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I&sns=em
Old 08-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
usually people whose records are bad are the ones not concerned lol but thats for another day..anyway people like having a good record so what..what will be the point of trying to play franchise mode and rebuild a team..so you can get a better record..herm edwards said it best though "you play to win the game!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I&sns=em
LOL, were not even talking about franchise mode, we are discussing the weak points of online play in ranked matches lol.

U mad or something? if you wanna play maddenball then feel free to do so in a public lobby and away from those who want a clean game of football!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #22
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

Quote:
LOL, were not even talking about franchise mode, we are discussing the weak points of online play in ranked matches lol.

U mad or something? if you wanna play maddenball then feel free to do so in a public lobby and away from those who want a clean game of football!
what are you talking about? mad about what?and I dont understand what is the maddenball? a football with EA sports on it?
Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
what are you talking about? mad about what?and I dont understand what is the maddenball? a football with EA sports on it?
Do you even read what you have typed that gets quoted? its like you keep backpedaling everytime I call you out on your posts and everytime you are defending the opposite of what you call yourself representing and then you would double back as if it never happened with a reply like you made above.

Class act, but I bet its hard staying in the closet about your will to play freestyle when others are trying to stray away from it after all these years. very tough for you to be a follower anymore now is it?

With online communities, you can have fun playing those 1-200 people who still feel freestyle play matters anymore. Have fun ACE!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #24
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

Quote:
Do you even read what you have typed that gets quoted? its like you keep backpedaling everytime I call you out on your posts and everytime you are defending the opposite of what you call yourself representing and then you would double back as if it never happened with a reply like you made above.

Class act, but I bet its hard staying in the closet about your will to play freestyle when others are trying to stray away from it after all these years. very tough for you to be a follower anymore now is it?

With online communities, you can have fun playing those 1-200 people who still feel freestyle play matters anymore. Have fun ACE!
awww your that one dude from the online community thread my bad lol.. I thought you were just hating to hate, you have your reasons I guess. What is the system you play with online I want to play you so you can see if im cheesing or whatever you say you just say things without the facts. you really make me feel unwanted in these forums you know?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »