Home

Madden '12 Superstar Mode(Career Thread)

This is a discussion on Madden '12 Superstar Mode(Career Thread) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden '12 Superstar Mode(Career Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece
Superstar mode is gonna make or break this game for me.
Me too.
I know Franchise is gonna be good. All I need to see how SS is.
RTG is good but locked 5 mins quarters decreased the intial excitement of it. Positional battles were too easy. Some positions are hard to rack up points.
I am excited for SS. Custom Quarter Lengths, Coordinator Audio, Skill Points, Walk On, Player Traits(dont think it will do much in this mode), New Interface, and Request Trade.
The only thing I am not high is it seems like it will be easy to max players.

Only 10-50 XP for boosts. Unless it is hard to rack up points, It seems like we can maz our players quickly. Would like to see the boosts in the 100s-500s range
Old 08-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #34
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

in years past i have always just played franchise because superstar had way too many flaws. but now it appears from what i read they have a lot of new features this year and scrapped some old ones. i will probably do one offensive player and one defensive. probably go with a Scrambling QB modeled after Vick or VY and go to the Cardinals and try to do what vick did last year and steal Kolbs job lol. or a speed HB and take him to the already great Packers and be a nice 1-2 punch with Grant. i know not the most original positions but they will be fun because they handle the ball a lot. and on Defense i will probably go with a DE for idk what team. probably Jets or Steelers, someone with an already good D.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
10 pass deflections over 4 years? The scouts won't like that.. I'm just messing with you, good luck.
haha yeah only problem was my last 2 years i barely got thrown at, only gave up 2 TDs in those last 2 years though. Maybe be a late pick in the draft and be the biggest steal in NFL history
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDay560
Maybe be a late pick in the draft and be the biggest steal in NFL history
That is my plan. Being a undrafted steal for all my RTGs
Old 08-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Most of my RTGs are almost complete. I will sync up and try have them similar season.
My RB(broke all NCAA RB records, beside Barry Sander season record) is the closest to be finished heading into his SR year. So I will get my QB(broke some Utah records, whoever was 88-89 QB was a beast) and CB(broke most Texas INT records), both in Late JR year, in to their SR year before continuing my RB career. I will sim my SR of my WR year(broke almost ARK WR records, nothing to prove).
Not sure about my DE. My least favorite position. Line Interaction s the main reason. I hate the one of the bull rush animations. Some Animations I cant pull off without getting stuck in animation. I might sim my entire SOPH season. I would do JR year too, but some of my ratings are too low(ACC is too low). I plan on creating a DT once I finish my RB, QB, and CB careers. I might play Dynasty until Madden comes out.
I am excited to play SS
Old 08-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 5

I have a WR at Utah.

Jacoby Fitzgerald
6-5 215

Freshman Year

38 catches
1074 yards
10 TDs

Sophomore Year

62 catches
1209 yards*
15 TDs

He's only two games into his Junior year and already broke the school record for career TDs with 27 so far.

*-School record
Old 08-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I am definitely playing with Redskins with my QB. 87 rated TE and a good backup TE, Top 3 WRs with 90+ Speed. They all have 80+ CAT. 4/5 have 80+ SPC, 3/5 have 80+ CIT, 2/5 with 88+ RRG.and with a Offense that QB friendly, it is a win-win.O-Line is weak though. The top QB will have a 76 OVR, I think my Imported QB should come in higher. Only #s available is 3, 7, and 9. I probably will chose 7, if the option is available
I am definitely playing with Colts with my RB. Pretty good OLine. Great Center and Tackles, all with 87+ STR and 80+ RBK and RBS. With Colts loving to call Stretch plays, My RB has the SPeed to thrive in it. My college jersey # is available, so I wont have to matter.
Raiders will be a good fit for my CB. Good Front 7.Good Secondary and good Corner on the other side. With Nnamdi leaving, I can fill the void. Love the Man-Heavy Scheme. I have the H-W-S Raiders require. Might have to take over Nnamdi's #. I really like Raiders Uni's, Especially their Throwbacks

I will go to CHI with my WR. He is a Big Fast #1 WR. Can fill the #1 WR void CHI had for a very long time. Good QB and a Pass Offense that is good for WRs

Last edited by illwill10; 08-13-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

The one thing that kept me from importing players into SS was that body porportions came in horrible. My players would come in with Lineman heads and WRs bodys. Having me looking like Mr. Mackey from South Park. But I think it has something to do with Height and Weight. So, I made sure height and weight was right.
But hopefully we can edit weight and height

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »