Home

EA Sports Unveils 'Season Ticket' for Five Games

This is a discussion on EA Sports Unveils 'Season Ticket' for Five Games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #49
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA Sports Unveils 'Season Ticket' for Five Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
Dang. I interpreted the title as paying $25 dollars got you NFL Season Ticket for five games on EA servers through your Madden disk. That I would pay for.
Considering it costs about 70 dollars for 5 games with Directv that would be a heck of a deal.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Sooooo, people who want to take advantage of this and see the value in it are mindless EA fanboys or "chumps"? I look at it as, I have money and this is something that I would want to spend it on. Im not asking you to buy it, I could care less.
That would be all fine and dandy if EA didn't handicap the people who don't buy into their scheming ways.

Fight Night, ruined because of boosts.
NHL online club, almost the same.

And now that everything will be at a discount for these EA fanboys it'll just make it worse. Sad to say it but I guess I'll be done with video games in a matter of years. The spending just isn't justified nowadays especially with all of the frustration involved in playing video games today.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #51
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMosinNagant
25 is not a reasonable price when you can play the demo for free, why pay 25 dollars? sure you might get to try out the full game but the demo is free and you get to try out the core aspects of the game. So to me 25 is to much and its a bad idea.

I wonder if EA will stop putting out demo's in hopes of luring in people..
Come on, man

The demo is from a build of the game that came out around E3. The full version of the game allows you to play online, franchise, create a playbook, etc. That is why you pay $25. And that is only counting Madden, the 4 other games as well are the same thing. But like I said, if you are fine with the demo then just don't buy it.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #52
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm not going to say this is good deal or bad. It just depends on the person I guess. But to me this is not a deal I'm going to mess with. Since I really only play Madden from EA. I wheather just put my 25$ towards the Faulk limited madden12 instead of buying this to get access to Madden12 3 days early. Wheather just enjoy the demo until release date. So no thanks to this deal EA.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #53
Rookie

MrMosinNagant's Arena

OVR: 2

25 dollars to get a game 3 days early and then have to pay full retail price for it lol, nope no thank you. 3 days is not that long of a wait to get a game and i'll be damned if i throw down 25 extra dollars just for a 3 day trial. Like I said 3 days to wait for it to hit the stores is not that long.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's ridiculous for people to make such a big deal about this. It's a take it or leave it feature that costs SEVEN cents a day.
Haha I love how you justify it by how much it costs a day. EA brainwashed you youngsters pretty well huh? What a joke.

I'm fine with it if it is a take it or leave it feature but mark my words, EA will start to not release demos until game day, and mark up price of the DLC and/or make it more necessary to have in the game, etc. etc.

It all starts somewhere folks, as if EA wasn't getting enough money they don't earn.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #55
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

If you guys feel like 2 bucks a month is too much for a feature like this then you probably shouldn't be spending 60 bucks on EA games. In my opinion the only question is if the value is there or not, but the price is pretty dang cheap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #56
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Double dipping and paying twice for what?
Apologize, I shouldn't have used that term. I was speaking about people paying EA extra to play a game 3 days early, when they're already sure they'll purchase the full game anyway.

Just to clarify, I wasn't shooting down the plan - I've been on the early game hunt myself several times, and likely would've purchased this in the past. Hell, it would've likely saved me money.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »