Home

NFL on FOX? CBS? Something?

This is a discussion on NFL on FOX? CBS? Something? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0
NFL on FOX? CBS? Something?

Is anyone else wondering when Madden will finally change its presentation to match that of a real broadcast in the same way NCAA did with ESPN? I, personally, would like to see them adopt FOX's broadcast. I just don't know how well things would fly with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman at the mic haha.

What does everyone think? Will it happen, and what would you like to see?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NFL on FOX? CBS? Something?

This has been discussed a lot on here. EA wants to portray there presentation and basically not offend the NFL or ESPN. I really could care less if they slapped and ESPN, fox, nfl or just the EA logo on the game as long as the presentation was solid...

Last year people went crazy over NCAA having ESPN on it. but in reality the camera angles on replays were not realistic...
Old 08-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

I really hope not. Troy Aikman is one of my favorite players of all time, but Joe Buck is an idiot.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Same idea with commentary...Its not really who is doing the commentary, but its the technology behind it.. I don't mind Gus and Chris if it was implemented properly...Hopefully next year is the year of audio
Old 08-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

I think we need to be patient a bit on this. I'd wager that the big thing next year will be a huge commentary upgrade, and with it will likely be new halftime shows and new presentation. I don't think it needs to be FOX or CBS or anything (although if they were going to pick one I think NFL Network would be most appropriate), as long as it's good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

I want Summerall and Madden back in the booth.

Later
Old 08-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 13

I honestly don't care who the announcers are as long as they're good. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they went out and hired professional voice actors to do it - it might actually end up better if they did that, and with the money they save they can afford to have the actors record several times more dialogue.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Stay with EA Sports presentation. The only way Network presentation would work is if EA got the licenses for Fox, CBS, ESPN, and NFL Network. (yes i know they have the last 2). Getting all 4 just does not make sense financially and I would rather see the money spent on other things. And yes they do ned all 4 because I would not want to play and NFC game on cbs or an AFC game on fox, wouldn't look right.

Stick to EA Sports, but maybe make it feel like a real network. Name it the EASN, create a logo for it, add all the bells and whistles and it will be great.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »