Home

Getting Ahead of Ourselves

This is a discussion on Getting Ahead of Ourselves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #17
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Getting Ahead of Ourselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by je_2512
But, can't the SAME be said for the blind fanboyism people, too?? Seems there are very few "middle of the road" people here anymore...
The amount of 'blind fanboyism' is few and far between IMO, it's those who hate it site unseen or irrationally rail against EA that try and paint those they disagree with as the opposite extreme.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Most of the people complaining about Madden would have done so if it came with $60 cash in the box
Completely False. Why is this post, needlessly bashing posters, any different than someone bashing devs?
Old 08-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
IMO, The folks that trash Madden sight unseen aren't reliable sources for Madden information and NOTHING they say should be held as truth.
Ditto for those that praise Madden sight unseen. They are just as unreliable.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
The amount of 'blind fanboyism' is few and far between IMO, it's those who hate it site unseen or irrationally rail against EA that try and paint those they disagree with as the opposite extreme.
False again.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Seriously? I would argue that while both "blind fanboyism" and "ignorant hatred" for Madden are a fringe segment of gamers, the fanboys are by far, the bigger group. Just by reason that Madden has been around for 20+ years and built a cult following.

I keep reading posts about people thinking some people who have issues with Madden have "agendas" and I just don't get it. It's not like posters on here have some financial or personal stake in Madden not being a good NFL football game.

There are many differences of opinion on how Madden should get there but at the end of the day, every single REASONABLE gamer just wants a NFL football game they can enjoy playing, no matter which company creates it.

I don't get why anybody who is not a stock holder or beneficiary of EA feels the need to defend the companies interest in forums. Not saying you, just posts in general. It makes rational sense to have people post, "hey, I really like ____ about Madden" or "hey I don't like ____ about Madden". Whatever their reasoning for liking or disliking Madden, is irrelevant because their are entitled to their opinion and have the right to express it, "constructively", according to the TOS.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 08-07-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Seriously? I would argue that while both "blind fanboyism" and "ignorant hatred" for Madden are a fringe segment of gamers, the fanboys are by far, the bigger group. Just by reason that Madden has been around for 20+ years and built a cult following.

I keep reading posts about people thinking some people who have issues with Madden have "agendas" and I just don't get it. It's not like posters on here have some financial or personal stake in Madden not being a good NFL football game.

There are many differences of opinion on how Madden should get there but at the end of the day, every single REASONABLE gamer just wants a NFL football game they can enjoy playing, no matter which company creates it.

I don't get why anybody who is not a stock holder or beneficiary of EA feels the need to defend the companies interest in forums. Not saying you, just posts in general. It makes rational sense to have people post, "hey, I really like ____ about Madden" or "hey I don't like ____ about Madden". Whatever their reasoning for liking or disliking Madden, is irrelevant because their are entitled to their opinion and have the right to express it, "constructively", according to the TOS.
Hurray for common sense!

Posted using the power of knowledge.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #23
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

I completely agree with you here. I think forums like these are built around people giving their personal feelings and opinions about any and everything around games like madden and NCAA. I love to see people debate and argue about a certain part of a game that they either love or hate. It's this kind of debate, discussion, complaining that actually makes changes in a game. And I think getting frustrated with EA over features that have been left out is find too, makes sense, it gets very old.

That said, I'm still counting down the days to Madden's release. Unfortunately, I can't have one with out the other.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

I agree that it's a bit silly to judge a game without having played it, but I do feel that if people are negative at this point it is at least a bit justified.
EA has no one to blame but themselves and the past few games have caused this cynicism.
I don't recall seeing much negativity pre-release of a game like The Show and I doubt we see it when NBA2K comes out......because those games have recently delivered.

While I may refrain from saying "Madden sucks" without having played this years game......I will say last years game has me forced me into a skeptical wait-and-see approach. I'm a franchise sim player, so the changes and added depth to that mode sound great, but if the game plays like last years the added depth will be worthless.
Guess at this point let's just hope for the best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »