Home

Madden 12 - Who will have the best strategy guide for purchase?

This is a discussion on Madden 12 - Who will have the best strategy guide for purchase? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 12 - Who will have the best strategy guide for purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Prima will be the only guide this year guys.

http://mymaddenpad.com/2011/08/15/is...nd-tips-sites/
Wow...

That will be awful if true.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #50
Rookie

So Prima is entering the "online video guide" market. That's good for competition. There is always going to be a market for the "glitchers" and typically individuals will find out how to glitch the AI. Those individuals will still find a way to sell their ideas based around the game. Even if they do it using NFL2k5 as their "visual" aid and say "do this in madden and it works."

It's going to be really interesting to see how this all plays out. Someone sent me a PM talking about maddenuniversity.com and them planning on compiling a list of all the online pay guides out there.

I guess it's a "wait and see" environment right now? Would you agree?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vumpler
It's going to be really interesting to see how this all plays out. Someone sent me a PM talking about maddenuniversity.com and them planning on compiling a list of all the online pay guides out there.
This is somewhat accurate... I was planning on opening a portion of my site to select strategy guide producers that produced the highest quality guides. But this is going to put a damper on that idea - at least for now.

The reality of the situation is that the best guide writers are spooked now. Not every website that produces strategies is going away (at least in this round) and many of the lesser known producers are still open for business.

Here's the problem though... Before there were communities based around the strategy guide producers, there were NO COMMUNITIES that helped players get better - most only helped players become worse.

Communities without a strategy basis are the reason we have SIM leagues that simulate 45% of the NFL's rules governing game play, see 'cheese' tossed around in conversation so much, and why so many players are lacking in their understanding of the nuances of the game despite the number of GOOD PEOPLE with HONORABLE INTENTIONS being part of those communities. It's the equivalent of playing organized football with no coaches. Our community needs coaches.

I really don't want to go back to the point where the blind led the blind and the disappearance of MaddenGuides.com this week is a step in that direction.

That said, I'm still plugging away to find some way that producers can still produce strategy guides for a fee. "Know How" is worth paying for and can't be licensed away to the highest bidder.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
"Know How" is worth paying for and can't be licensed away to the highest bidder.

Later
Exactly! That's putting into words what my gut was wanting to. How can you tell me I can't pay someone else for what they've figured out over hundreds of hours? Are you kidding me!?

Specially if it helps me get a 1up on all of my local friends who get together on Sunday's to play. Hell yes I'd pay, and almost for spite I don't want the Prima guide, because you know Prima is going to handycap those guys as to what they can and can not produce. It's going to be a filtered product. TNT you've got my support 100%.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 6

madden guides ceased their website due to legal issues im sick cause they go with the telestrator n everything
Old 08-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvistatexas
madden guides ceased their website due to legal issues im sick cause they go with the telestrator n everything
So what forum do most of these guys hang out on if its not their own forum? What's the feel of the community right now?
Old 08-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #55
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Gibs is ridiculous.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #56
Rookie

Well I've decided I'll get the prima print guide because its just not that expensive, but I don't expect to learn much. Still will be searching for an online strategy video guide that isn't prima.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »