Home

Madden 12 video recent build, recorded last week of July at NYC event(thanks K0ACHK)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 video recent build, recorded last week of July at NYC event(thanks K0ACHK) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 12 video recent build, recorded last week of July at NYC event(thanks K0AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The part of this post talking about career stats makes almost no sense to me for two reasons. 1. This is is in Play Now mode not Franchise so you don't know what stat banners they have for Franchise Mode and the stat banners in this game are NOT the same as last year I promise you that. 2. Even in real life they usually show the stats for that particular game and not the season stats that much.

The game looks better than any football game ever made and the closest thing to watching games on TV and people STILL are complaining.
What football games are u watching on sundays JP? Most real NFL games show career stats, player comparisons, league leaders in certain areas..etc. The game is beautiful is true, but its more than just beautiful graphics. MLB the SHOW is gorgeous and the gameplay is great, but it lacks in the same areas as MADDEN, commentary and in-game presentation. If u played NBA2k11, then u know what im talking about with in-game stats and how they are displayed.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 12 video recent build, recorded last week of July at NYC event(thanks K0AC

That scene at 4:21 in the first video with Revis talking to Snee and pointing at something is sick! I hope to see more of that kind of stuff post play in future Madden games.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
What football games are u watching on sundays JP? Most real NFL games show career stats, player comparisons, league leaders in certain areas..etc. The game is beautiful is true, but its more than just beautiful graphics. MLB the SHOW is gorgeous and the gameplay is great, but it lacks in the same areas as MADDEN, commentary and in-game presentation. If u played NBA2k11, then u know what im talking about with in-game stats and how they are displayed.
Yeah that's partially true, but I still don't expect them to show a players career stats every single game. Commentary is coming next year and I think you're crazy if you think Madden is lacking in-game presentation. I mean even if they don't have career stats or player comparisons when we play in Franchise mode I still think this presentation in game is pretty top notch. Next year we're getting the all new commentary engine, same one FIFA is using, so it's going to go to a whole new level presentation wise. I'm hoping we'll see a weekly franchise show like Total Access or something, with the new commentary engine it would be a lot better. Plus NCAA 13 is going to have the same commentary engine Madden's getting and also are looking at College Gameday for next year so if Madden got Total Access or something like it and NCAA got College Gameday next year it would make a lot of sense. Plus Roy Harvey former exec producer of NCAA is taking Phil Frazier's place in Madden and wants the two games to work closer together. Last year if we were talking about in game presentation yeah I would definitely agree with you, but this year no way.

Found this in the Presentation blog too, I'm sure this is more of what you're talking about what you hope to see this year.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-07-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #12
Rookie

JHolsinger's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to play it.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #13
Banned

To JP:

I will say this tho..

Madden 12 is definitely looking like the best Madden I have seen.

That pic of Cam Newton is scary real.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deuce
Haha okay here we go..

2K5 Doesn't Have:

1. Better player models (Its from 2004 and is last gen)
2. No TV cam to kick field goals....wow...such a big deal
3. Players skating every where
4. QB's that can run for 20 yards whenever they want (see Cam Newton video and any NCAA 12 scramble)

2K5 Does Have:

1. Better stat overlays (career overlays, running comparisons and so forth)
2. Better presentation period. ESPN licensed, halftime show, Chris Berman, deeper Franchise, more options.
3. Better passing game

2K8 Does Have:

1. Better crowd (Its from 07 too)
2. Better atmosphere (Crowd actually cheers, interactive sideline)
3. Better gameplay
4. Better replay angles
5. Quicker transitions (EA's seem to lag behind every thing, see NCAA 12 for examples)
6. Air underneath passes (No Super LB's *Also see NCAA 12 for these*)

Don't argue these. Its a joke to me.
Dude just let it go. You can play those games if you want. I know I played them like crazy (played 2k5 until 2k8 came out and then played that for a few years), but really, they just aren't as good as Madden anymore. Were they great games for their time? Absolutely, especially 2k5. But they don't really compare to today's games. There's little nuances here and there that 2k did that was better, but the overall game pales in comparison to Madden today.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Dude just let it go. You can play those games if you want. I know I played them like crazy (played 2k5 until 2k8 came out and then played that for a few years), but really, they just aren't as good as Madden anymore. Were they great games for their time? Absolutely, especially 2k5. But they don't really compare to today's games. There's little nuances here and there that 2k did that was better, but the overall game pales in comparison to Madden today.
You do have some what of a point....

I have very high hopes for Madde 12 this year. As long as it is not plagued with Super LBs like NCAA, I will be happier than I have been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #16
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

God this thread has gone straight to the ****ter lol. "NBA 2K is greater than NBA Live/Elite, so NFL 2k5 is greater than Madden 12."

Ok man.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »