Home

xbox 360 holding madden back?

This is a discussion on xbox 360 holding madden back? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #17
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: xbox 360 holding madden back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
If you believe everything you hear then I have a bridge I would like to sell you.

There is things the 360 does better then the PS3 and back and forth.

Bottom line is that this is just sour grapes from a PS3 fan. I dont blame you since if I was only a PS3 owner and had to deal with the inferior product, I would be upset. But I have both consoles so I just choose the better version regardless of the console.
i had the 360 too...i got red rings. i am not sour towards xbox. i still have an the original. (for nfl 2k5)

u cant say xbox is better than ps3 cuz every game that is made multi platform is made on xbox so of course it will run better....i wonder why they dont make it on ps3?

is it really because xbox is soo much better that they dont make games on ps3? really??
Old 08-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #18
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

I am not a fanboy of either console. I will say it again. The only thing holding Madden back is EA. I don't think it is just the devs. I think the majority of the blame goes to the suits. In the past, it seems EA's focus has been to market some sort of gimmick every year to sell more to the casual gamer. It looks like they are now on the right track. Only time will tell.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
because madden is the most popular sports game.

you lost me at this.

Last edited by 7points; 08-08-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #20
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

http://gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html

i rest my case!!

http://reviews.cnet.com/2722-9020_7-743.html
Old 08-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 21

The only thing holding Madden back is Tiburon itself. Both the 360 and PS3 continue to churn out a wide range of spectacular titles produced by a wide range of developers. EA themselves have produced spectacular titles. I don't see how "the suits" or the marketing department within EA are affecting only Tiburon. I think many are willing to overlook the obvious because there have been Tiburon devs on the site interacting so closely with the community telling them what they want to hear. Tiburon has had a lot of common sense ideas, they've just done a poor job implementing them (Pro-Tak, RB styles, etc.)

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #22
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

From what I'm told, it is more difficult/time consuming to make a game for the PS3 than it is for the 360... that it takes less time/effort to make it for the 360 and just port it over to the PS3 than the other way around.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Fifas the most popular sports game and the 360 hasn't held it back so no.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #24
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
From what I'm told, it is more difficult/time consuming to make a game for the PS3 than it is for the 360... that it takes less time/effort to make it for the 360 and just port it over to the PS3 than the other way around.
Blu Ray offers more disc space, but the PS3 has a slower "read time" than the 360 and DVD. It isn't about the disc space, it's about what's on the disc for me. The only thing that I could see DVD holding Madden back with is if the Madden team decided to put tons of uncompressed crowd noises or commentary audio files on the disc itself.

For games like Oblivion, which is a huge game, most of the disc is taken up by audio. The game itself is fairly small.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »