Home

Sportsgamerblog.com interview with Mike Young - Creative Director (Madden NFL 12)

This is a discussion on Sportsgamerblog.com interview with Mike Young - Creative Director (Madden NFL 12) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Sportsgamerblog.com interview with Mike Young - Creative Director (Madden NFL 12)

Here is a bit of what we covered.

- Do the violent collision animations have any relation to the increased level of injuries in the game?

- How do the, newly implemented, custom playbooks impact the Gameflow system?

- Do the new running and ball carrying styles impact a players fumbling rating?

- Is Dynamic Player Performance impacted by the conditions on the field? (If it is a snowy, slippery field, do players like Vick and Cam Newton run less?)

- How do player roles and ratings evolve over time?

- How are the unknown ratings for a rookie player handled when a player is cut in the preseason?

- Will the way that teams draft players evolve over time or is it something that will stick with a team for the life of a franchise?

- How does the online franchise mode interact with the leagueManager site?

Here are the links to the interview.

iTunes

MP3

Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Sportsgamerblog.com interview with Mike Young - Creative Director (Madden NFL 12)

Looks like you covered some good topics, listening now.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Sportsgamerblog.com interview with Mike Young - Creative Director (Madden NFL 12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Looks like you covered some good topics, listening now.
At the end Mike talks about the new team and the new way of looking at the game and kinda going a new direction. This IMO is a clear reference to what I have been talking about with Cam Weber coming on board as GM of EA Football. Madden's future is bright guys
Old 08-23-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
At the end Mike talks about the new team and the new way of looking at the game and kinda going a new direction. This IMO is a clear reference to what I have been talking about with Cam Weber coming on board as GM of EA Football. Madden's future is bright guys
If they keep improving on Madden 12 i'll be a happy camper. I haven't bought a Madden game since I bought 08 used and was completely disgusted. This year though, Madden seems to be a great game.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:15 AM   #5
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

wow, i think i know less about this game after listening to this. seems like every question he doesn't know the answer to or there working on it for the future. he does mention in game saves and says it cost too much for the technology. from the last time i check madden is one of the highest selling games every year. i'm sure they can find some money in their budget to bring back one of the most requested features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #6
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
wow, i think i know less about this game after listening to this. seems like every question he doesn't know the answer to or there working on it for the future. he does mention in game saves and says it cost too much for the technology. from the last time i check madden is one of the highest selling games every year. i'm sure they can find some money in their budget to bring back one of the most requested features.
Well up until now ever since Madden 09 he has only been the art director for Madden. I'm pretty sure he has had a limited knowledge of what all the dev team has planned for certain features unless they were related to Presentation. Now that he's the Creative Director as of Madden 13, I am pretty sure he will be able to answer these kind of questions a little easier next time. This was the first interview I've heard Mike Young in where he wasn't able to answer many questions directly. I think it's because he's not used to these kind of questions and usually people are asking him about things like team intros, player models, stadiums, etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »