Home

Madden NFL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #1169
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Just got the demo because I refuse to participate in XBox's scheme to steal from people by CHARGING them for online gaming (LOL)

Demo is, eh. Was expecting a lot more. The presentation elements are decent, but why do we still get the ultra zoom player lock camera after every play? And has EA realized it needs to differentiate presentation elements for each game? Otherwise all their effort is wasted...for example the coach giving some last minute words to his QB is a nice touch, but if we see the same exact animation before the first drive of EVERY game it's going to do more harm to believability than good.

Still no player momentum, default game speed is way too frantic. Lots of big hits and not a lot of form tackles. Defensive backs still "creep" out to their positions pre-play, with their backs fully arched. When do you EVER see this in real life? The whole thing feels like pretty much the same game as the last few years, with a little less suction blocking.

What really exemplifies EA's failure is this: when they have the pop-up display to announce the offensive "starters", they don't list the offensive linemen. What a great example of how EA thinks we are all mindless morons who don't appreciate anything other than "marquee name" skill players. As long as EA thinks their customers are all that way, they will continue to design arcade games like this one. And I have no intention of buying an arcade game.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #1170
MVP

OVR: 14

Is there a slider i can change that make players feel like they have some weight to them?

PSN Brandon26ms
Old 08-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #1171
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUfootball
Just got the demo because I refuse to participate in XBox's scheme to steal from people by CHARGING them for online gaming (LOL)

Demo is, eh. Was expecting a lot more. The presentation elements are decent, but why do we still get the ultra zoom player lock camera after every play? And has EA realized it needs to differentiate presentation elements for each game? Otherwise all their effort is wasted...for example the coach giving some last minute words to his QB is a nice touch, but if we see the same exact animation before the first drive of EVERY game it's going to do more harm to believability than good.

Still no player momentum, default game speed is way too frantic. Lots of big hits and not a lot of form tackles. Defensive backs still "creep" out to their positions pre-play, with their backs fully arched. When do you EVER see this in real life? The whole thing feels like pretty much the same game as the last few years, with a little less suction blocking.

What really exemplifies EA's failure is this: when they have the pop-up display to announce the offensive "starters", they don't list the offensive linemen. What a great example of how EA thinks we are all mindless morons who don't appreciate anything other than "marquee name" skill players. As long as EA thinks their customers are all that way, they will continue to design arcade games like this one. And I have no intention of buying an arcade game.
Madden 12 was the last game in the Phil Frazier & Ian Cummings era, this was the last year of Ian's 3 year plan. Next year will be the first Madden made with Cam Weber the new GM of EA Football games. He is a former college QB and a diehard football guy. The first thing he did when he came to the team was he doubled the size of the Gameplay team. He is a true hardcore sim football guy and I expect to see more gameplay improvements in Madden 13 than we did the last five years combined. He was on the EA Canada team and helped develop FIFA and Fight Night games. In his interview back in April one of the first things he mentions is working on realistic player movements pre play, during, and post play. I'm very excited about the future of Madden and NCAA for that matter with Cam Weber in charge. Mike Young is also the Creative Director now replacing Ian Cummings and he is a presentation animal, so expect to see much improved commentary(new commentary engine starting with Madden 13) and very soon also new halftime, post game, and weekly franchise studio shows. Madden 12 is going to be really good, but I think these new games with Cam as GM will blow it out of the water.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-16-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #1172
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Madden 12 was the last game in the Phil Frazier & Ian Cummings era, this was the last year of Ian's 3 year plan. Next year will be the first Madden made with Cam Weber the new GM of EA Football games. He is a former college QB and a diehard football guy. The first thing he did when he came to the team was he doubled the size of the Gameplay team. He is a true hardcore sim football guy and I expect to see more gameplay improvements in Madden 13 than we did the last five years combined. He was on the EA Canada team and helped develop FIFA and Fight Night games. In his interview back in April one of the first things he mentions is working on realistic player movements pre play, during, and post play. I'm very excited about the future of Madden and NCAA for that matter with Cam Weber in charge. Mike Young is also the Creative Director now replacing Ian Cummings and he is a presentation animal, so expect to see much improved commentary(new commentary engine starting with Madden 13) and very soon also new halftime, post game, and weekly franchise studio shows. Madden 12 is going to be really good, but I think these new games with Cam as GM will blow it out of the water.
Sounds great, except when the new consoles come out in another year or two and we're back to square one again...
Old 08-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #1173
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Is PI not enabled in the demo? Yeesh. Even at 100 it isn't called. That was ridiculous.
Otherwise decent.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #1174
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

For those wondering if the demo feels different than the full game.

Jpdavis1982
@Luger33, @Jstein2469
A simple yes or no, I understand the embargo till 8/26 does the game feel different than the demo?

Luger33(EA Gamechanger)
@jpdavis1982 It does. I could list specific things I've noticed already but cant due to NDA - def different though

JStein2469
Yes, IMO.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #1175
Rookie

sabastiane's Arena

OVR: 0

Playing as Chicago, Green Bay kicked a 50+ yards early in the game. At the end of the first half the Packers had the ball within field goal range. There was 15 seconds left and the clock running the Packers ran a run play that ran the clock out. They had one timeout remaining and the field goal would of been about 40 yards. There wasn't really any wind either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #1176
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
For those wondering if the demo feels different than the full game.

Jpdavis1982
@Luger33, @Jstein2469
A simple yes or no, I understand the embargo till 8/26 does the game feel different than the demo?

Luger33(EA Gamechanger)
@jpdavis1982 It does. I could list specific things I've noticed already but cant due to NDA - def different though

JStein2469
Yes, IMO.
I liked the demo but hopefully in this case different = better, not worse...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »