Home

Player traits making a difference?

This is a discussion on Player traits making a difference? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Player traits making a difference?

I used old madden rules, keep throwing nothing will change. after a half being down 7-0 but having 65 yards on 3 forte carries I set myself to run the ball more and take it out of cutler's hands. my defense is stout in the second half we manage 2 fg's it's 7-6 cutler is still a mess, but I'm down 5 with 1:45 left at my 1.

my initial thought is ok I just need a field goal so I need about 70 yards. I wish I had crosby right now. I have 1 time out. ok jay you're going to need to get your head on straight. I threw some quick passes running hurry up completed 3 then 4 in a row, I'm sitting at my 30. throw deep to aromashadu, cutler throws the prettiest pass I've seen in all the games I've played split the safeties, right into his hands tackled at the green bay 3.

for me it has made me think about how I'm going to approach the game on offense and if I've got cutler rattled as d how I want to approach n defense, do I want to continue blitzing or run some zone and really focus on covering now.

it's added a much more interesting element to how the individual games are approached as to using the same cookie cutter response
Old 08-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
Rookie

justtxyank's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Player traits making a difference?

I only played one game, but as the Packers I blitzed the hell out of Cutler. I had two sacks on him, they got a first down with Forte (I used Matthews to blitz when the play called for him to cover) and then I sacked him on first down again. On second down he threw a pick. The next time they had the ball I pressured him and he threw a pick again.

In the end I only had like 5 sacks total (guessing since I couldn't see stats), but I had a lot of hurries and I got three interceptions off Cutler and he was wildly inaccurate and hurried his throws in the second half. I couldn't say if it had anything to do with "traits" but it felt like I was playing Jay Cutler!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »