Home

Ballcarrying for Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Ballcarrying for Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
Banned

Elements's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Ballcarrying for Quarterbacks

IN NCAA If you're a receiver or a HB and no one is around you and you tap double Square they curl into a fetal position, protect the ball and fall down! Has anyone tried this in Madden?

I play with the Eagles and I know for a fact that after Vick was briefly hurt last year that he began scrambling smarter and using this move/animation. What do you guys think?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #10
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Hate to break it to you, but VICK is one of the worst at carrying the football while running lol. Many QBs carry the ball like that. They aren't RBs and do not hold it like one. Heres a few examples of vick holding the ball while running.

http://www.montgomerynews.com/conten...3048707121.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...=operasport-20

That has fumble waiting to happen

*PS* didnt realize this but this is right at the line when he is taking off, but if you look at videos he carries it like that most of the way about to the point until he gets hit.*
Old 08-11-2011, 04:00 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
Hate to break it to you, but VICK is one of the worst at carrying the football while running lol. Many QBs carry the ball like that. They aren't RBs and do not hold it like one. Heres a few examples of vick holding the ball while running.

http://www.montgomerynews.com/conten...3048707121.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...=operasport-20

That has fumble waiting to happen

*PS* didnt realize this but this is right at the line when he is taking off, but if you look at videos he carries it like that most of the way about to the point until he gets hit.*
this. nh i love vick and this is exactly how he runs! also like you said he doesn't cover the ball until the last possible second and sometimes if its not a big hitter he won't even cover it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #12
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre100672
There arent many Mobile OB's in the NFL today I can only think of about 5, Rodgers, Vick, B Roth, T Jack, Cam Newton. Most are pocket passers
Romo is faster than Ben?
Old 08-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I like that people have different carry styles. It would force people to play more sim and not abuse the system by over running with their QB. Guess you people going to learn how to SLIDE now huh ?
This would be a good setting for the lower skill levels (Rookie & Pro), but would be bad for people who get used to an Auto-Cover Ball function in the long run. They would get so used to not protecting the ball that they might not know to do it when they move up to higher skill levels.

The more the CPU does, the less the user does. What starts as convenience becomes a crutch. The big difference between the NFL and Madden is the interactivity. We have control and should use it.

Later
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #14
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre100672
There arent many Mobile OB's in the NFL today I can only think of about 5, Rodgers, Vick, B Roth, T Jack, Cam Newton. Most are pocket passers
Can't you be a pocket passer but still be mobile?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

I dont think you can if you are a pocket passer that is your strength doing something other than standing in the pocket would have to be a weakness
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #16
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Oh ok. I was just thinking of mobile as being able to avoid the rush and get out of the pocket before taking the sack. Some QB's are about as mobile as rocks while some can dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge!

I would say scrambler instead of mobile but I'm old and don't know much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »