Home

Snap Meter/Player Lock on Kickoffs

This is a discussion on Snap Meter/Player Lock on Kickoffs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What's your opinion?
Add Snapping Meter Only 4 21.05%
Add Player Lock on Kickoff/Punt Coverage's Only 1 5.26%
Add Both 6 31.58%
Add Neither 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Snap Meter/Player Lock on Kickoffs

In the future, would you like to see a snapping meter for FG's and Punts?

Basically just a small meter that goes from left to right that you have to hit in the middle some that the long snapper perfectly gets the ball to the kicker/punter. If you hit it to far to the left/right then the snap will be off target in that direction.

Another thing I'd like to have is the ability to player lock on a player on Kick Off /Punt Coverage's. Personally, I'd like to see both. Anything to improve special teams.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 08-11-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Snap Meter/Player Lock on Kickoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
In the future, would you like to see a snapping meter for FG's and Punts?

Basically just a small meter that goes from left to right that you have to hit in the middle some that the long snapper perfectly gets the ball to the kicker/punter. If you hit it to far to the left/right then the snap will be off target in that direction.

Another thing I'd like to have is the ability to player lock on a player on Kick Off /Punt Coverage's. Personally, I'd like to see both. Anything to improve special teams.
So two meters in a row? Snap meter plus the kicking meter? That's like pressing A 6 times in a matter of seconds! haha. I think it's fine how it is. I really like the player lock idea though! But I would like it on defense too as an option, so which one do I choose?
Old 08-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
So two meters in a row? Snap meter plus the kicking meter? That's like pressing A 6 times in a matter of seconds! haha. I think it's fine how it is. I really like the player lock idea though! But I would like it on defense too as an option, so which one do I choose?
No, the snap meter would be moving automatically once you lineup in a kicking formation. This way it's the same amount of clicks.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3

I think two meters would be ridiculous. But having something that controls whether a snap is good or bad would be great. Of course, it would also have to depend on the quality of your long snapper and that would be dependent on EA making long snapper a position.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Perhaps meter was the wrong choice of words.

It would bascially look like this.

T G C G T
________ (moving from left to right)

Once the meter starts it would go from left to right

T G C G T

____l____

That would be perfect

______l__

That would be a snap where the punter would have to move to the right to field it.

T G C G T

________l

That would be a "wild snap".

IDK, I'm just thinking outside the box here since Special Teams hasn't had any love in a while. Also, of course if it where added it should be optional for those who don't like it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3

I see where you are going with this.....

So I am lining up for a punt or a fieldgoal. I have a meter going back and forth and I hit "A" when I get it in the range I like to start the kick meter. Then I hit "A" for power and accuracy and the kick happens. If I hit the snap meter at the wrong time, the long snapper would either botch the snap or the holder would botch the snap.

Sounds good.

The only problem is how would the game differentiate between if the long snapper botched the snap or the holder did? Would it be random? If so, I think the snapping meter should go slower or faster depending on the quality of your long snapper.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
I see where you are going with this.....

So I am lining up for a punt or a fieldgoal. I have a meter going back and forth and I hit "A" when I get it in the range I like to start the kick meter. Then I hit "A" for power and accuracy and the kick happens. If I hit the snap meter at the wrong time, the long snapper would either botch the snap or the holder would botch the snap.

Sounds good.

The only problem is how would the game differentiate between if the long snapper botched the snap or the holder did? Would it be random? If so, I think the snapping meter should go slower or faster depending on the quality of your long snapper.
That's a great idea. We know how EA loves ratings. Give the Punters and QB's hold ratings too. The higher the rating the slower the meter goes.

The only problem that I can think of is of the meter only goes from L to R then how could they incorporate high/low snaps?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

I think they should combine the best of both interfaces... Snap with a button, but you must kick with the stick timed with the kickers movement toward the holder. Kick too early and you contact the ball high and into the ground. Kick too late and you kick it too low and high in the air.

Pull back on the stick for more power, swing forward to kick... Left and right aim is based on where the stick swings through the center...

If everything is perfectly timed, the kicker will make contact with the ball at the time the stick moves through the center of the range. The rest is follow thru...

Of course, this is just what I came up with off the top of my head.

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »