Home

Madden Design Glitch Is Worse Than I Even Thought

This is a discussion on Madden Design Glitch Is Worse Than I Even Thought within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #17
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Madden Design Glitch Is Worse Than I Even Thought

It's not a glitch. It's a design decision.

If this is a deal breaker and you aren't buying the game, bummer. Your contributions will certainly be missed.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
One thing that OS has shown me over the years is that many more people then I could have ever imagined are afflicted with various OCD tendencies.(Is that redundant?) Folks become irate over things that I literally don't notice even when told about it.
There are things that might bother you that don't bother me and visca versa. I have played madden since the very 1st edition. Maybe you call a play and your done with it and just pick your player and go, so there aren't any issues for you. Me, I call a play and then make some adjustments. If I want to double a WR or play 1 WR in bump and run while also switching a player to a qb spy so Michael Vick doesn't abuse the run online then I should be able to make these changes in a quick and timely fashion. If they had a play creator I could do this without having to make adjustments but they don't. So, I need time and a intuitive control design that makes this easier to make adjustments at the line. They used to have these and then got rid of it.

So, why can I not voice this? I love the game and all they have done with it this year and like always I will buy it at midnight release, but this doesn't mean everything they (ea) do is best for the series. They give you the option to use the old pre snap controls but they are only half the old way and half the new way. I would just like to see them go back to what worked just fine. If it aint broke then don't fix it...
Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm just waiting on someone to file a lawsuit against EA since, in their opinion, this set-up isn't "ergonomically friendly" because they have to press and extra button...
Perfect...........
Old 08-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #20
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Old 08-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #21
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbins
The Madden design glitch is even worse than I thought.

The design glitch makes it so that after every single huddle break, the screen zooms in and goes in very slow motion and you have to hit a button every single play in order to have the players get to the line of scrimmage at a normal pace and not slow-mo zoomed in.

What's even worse though, is that when you have the audibles set-up to be 1 touch (like it always used to be and how it is in NCAA), when you hit a button to stop the dumb slow motion and you are on defense, it will either change the player you are controlling or start to change your play so you have to hit the button 2-3 times to get back to the way it was on EVERY SINGLE PLAY of the game. This is insane.

I don't know how these things can be over-looked but this is a MAJOR DEAL BREAKER.

EA needs to fix this before release day.
waiting to see your complaints after you purchase the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #22
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Since this thread is about a poor design decision, and isn't a glitch and because it's just 3 pages of making fun of the the OP's hyperbole, AND because it's been brought up elsewhere...I'm going to close this.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »