Home

In franchise mode do you play with your favorite team?

This is a discussion on In franchise mode do you play with your favorite team? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #41
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: In franchise mode do you play with your favorite team?

Nah, always play as one of the worst teams and attempt to build them. Teams have mainly been either Bills, Browns, Chiefs, Dolphins, Rams, Raiders or Lions over the last 5-6 Madden games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Last year was one of the few years I actually tried playing with my favorite team (Dolphins), but only got through a few years of my franchise which was more to do with my disdain for the gameplay then being the Fins.

In the past I have always used another team. I don't know why, but it was less fun controlling the Dolphins - I'd want stats, rosters as realistic as possible....I'd have a hard time trading/cutting guys that I'd been a fan of for years.
To me it was more fun to pick a random team. Usually a poor team, but a team with one or two young players with potential. I think my favorite experience with this (and probably when I started using this strategy) was the year that you were able to be the Texans and literally create the entire roster/franchise yourself.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #43
Rookie

i love my BILLS but its tough to play with them... Not a star player in the lineup... I do go with them occaionally just t keep the spirit alive...
Old 08-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #44
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Only the Cowboys! Playin a multi season Franchise. Players retire or leave via salary cap. The drafting of players and FA signings will be the deciding factor if the team stays on top.

Well, also the sliders you play with......With a tighter salary cap and tweaks to progression and drafting/scouting. Staying on top may be a challenge.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:39 AM   #45
Rookie

MINATAURO's Arena

OVR: 5

It makes me feel "dirty" to play as another team. lol I always keep my Broncos the way the are in real life for the first season after that I let it rip.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 07:13 AM   #46
Rookie

dizturbdazhole's Arena

[quote=RIP GUTT CAPONE;2042717075]I thought i was the only one who played as the browns, nice to see someone else does too.[/quo

At least the Browns don't have enough money to cheat their way to the top.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #47
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

no i use my favorite team(packers) online and play now against friends. for franchise i take teams like the bengals, browns, phins, etc and try to build them up. but this year i may try to use the chiefs and take a wild card level team all the way
Old 08-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #48
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

I use to never play as anyone else but the Saints, but then I realized it's fun to play as other teams to rebuild them or just play as someone and I kept winning too much as the Saints lol.

Looking forward to rebuilding the Cards and a few others, as well as winning a few super bowls with the Saints lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »