Home

Ballcarrying for Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Ballcarrying for Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Ballcarrying for Quarterbacks

Will this be changed in the final release? Because in the demo, I have noticed that the QB has the loaf-of-bread carry once crossing the line of scrimmage which can lead to being stripped and fumbling (It happened to me just last night with Cutler). Will the ballcarrying styles be optional for all positions?

Last edited by 61woods; 08-10-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Ballcarrying for Quarterbacks

I think it should stay the same and force players to use RB to cover up the ball or slide. The current ball carrying style deters players from abusing scrambling quarterbacks.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

Quarterbacks often carry the ball loosely. What we saw in the demo (MMChrisS version) was the failure of the user to carry the ball carefully.

As he crosses the line of scrimmage with defenders on the same side as the ball, he should have pressed A/X (360/PS3) to switch the hand the ball is in OR pressed the RB/RT button to cover the ball.

He didn't. The CPU won't do these things for us... In fact, at the 4:57 mark a message to use RB to cover the ball appears immediately before Rodgers scrambles.

Later
Old 08-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
Rookie

Initially, uarterbacks carry the ball loosely, however, they tuck the ball once in the open field (Vick for example). Hopefully, QBs in Madden 12 can be assigned either the default ballcarry style or the loaf-of-bread style.

Last edited by 61woods; 08-10-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Maybe they should add an option called "auto QB ball covering" (or something) which when on the QB automatically covers the ball when passed the line of scrimmage. Set it to default as on so the muppets don't complain that their QB is fumbling too often, and the rest of us can just turn it off.

Doubt they would ever add that though, much more important things to be spending time on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I like that people have different carry styles. It would force people to play more sim and not abuse the system by over running with their QB. Guess you people going to learn how to SLIDE now huh ?
Old 08-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

There arent many Mobile OB's in the NFL today I can only think of about 5, Rodgers, Vick, B Roth, T Jack, Cam Newton. Most are pocket passers
Old 08-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

i like the new carry styles qb not the best runing with the ball so if u dont play smart u should fumble thats how i feel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »