Home

so after seeing your team'splayer rating have you changed your stance on intial moves

This is a discussion on so after seeing your team'splayer rating have you changed your stance on intial moves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
so after seeing your team'splayer rating have you changed your stance on intial moves

as a bills fan, having poz gone, evans now gone, and whitner gone, I plan on undoing a couple drafts picks.

I'm going to send spiller to the niners for iupati and a 2013 3rd. I know it's not a fair trade but I wanted them to trade down and take him. They didn't so I will. I plan on trading aaron williams, hairston and searcy to the bears for gabe carimi.

so my line will be what it should be going into this year

ot: Bell
og: levitre
c: Wood
og: Iupati
ot: Carimi
wr: Johnson, Nelson, Parrish
rb: freejack
the focus for my team moving forward will be to be a ground and pound team, I want to average a near 2:1 run to pass ratio. I want to isntill a sense of toughness and a real sense of nasty into what I think has been a rather femme team in the bills carimi and iupati and wood will do exactly that

On defense I will continue to run the 3-4.

I will probably trade kyle williams, I want a huge space eater at the nose, cody is a guy who pops to mind right away

(I know that he won't command double teams but I'm trying to keep some sense of reality)

de: edwards
nt: cody
de: dareus

merriman is the lynchpin to the pass rush I'm going to need him to really be special and stay healthy.

olb: merriman
ilb: barnett
ilb: foster
olb: moats

In the draft I'll be looking to upgrade moats and the pass rush. I will move sheppard to tb for foster, I was furious when the bills passed on him.

My secondary should be ok with a few holes but no pressing needs

cb: mcgee
fs: byrd
ss: wilson
cb: mckelvin

I've got some looming issues. Wilson is a decent safety but nothing special. mcgee while good is on the wrong side of 30 and breaking. Mckelvin is a pile of hot garbage and another wasted first rounder for buffalo. I will be looking to draft depth here.

if I do things right I should end up as a competitive but bad team and have a shot at a guy like luck. If I get incredibly lucky I can have 2 firsts. If so then I plan on taking luck and making a move for my favorite player trent richardson. If I have a second mark barron will be a bill as well, and I think that upshaw might be there in the 3rd and I can replace moats with him. Heh, I may make a trade for deaderick just to have 3 bama linemen, eventually three more at lb, cb, and safety. Bama is my favorite team.

So in 2012 I will continue to focus on my line's growth but give the bills a true bell cow running back to really exploit the ability and tenacity of the line, and a qb, who can be a complimentary piece until he's ready to take the reins.

I expect a jump in wins in year 2, but still top 10-12. the second draft is the one where I will focus on the defense. dre kirkpatrick will be the apple of our draft eye.

year 3 I think this team can do massive damage in the afc east.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: so after seeing your team'splayer rating have you changed your stance on intial m

Nice plan, although I personally I wouldnt take other teams young players as thats not "building" to me. But your plan is well constructed. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: so after seeing your team'splayer rating have you changed your stance on intial m

well for me i will start with the bengals

first move trade Palmer for future early round picks

second trade for DB because were gonna need help this year in that area

Third will get ready to scout for a RB because benson is not my long term guy

really thats it for me in i know it wont make a big difference but Marvin Lewis is Fired After this year
Old 08-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Nice plan, although I personally I wouldnt take other teams young players as thats not "building" to me. But your plan is well constructed. Good luck.
you are not a bills fan, you cannot possibly understand what it feels like to see your front office act like they can't tie their own shoes. I'm not building, I'm correcting mistakes.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 14

One thing I have thought about doing...since the rosters that ship with the game should be pre-lockout, could just redo most of free agency. I have actually been pretty happy with what the Rams have done, but I'm tempted to do it just to get Sidney Rice. I do wish that Franchise mode would come with an option like Head Coach had to redo the previous offseason, that was a pretty cool option.
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Amba Lamps
you are not a bills fan, you cannot possibly understand what it feels like to see your front office act like they can't tie their own shoes. I'm not building, I'm correcting mistakes.
Touche, Lee Evans for a 4th? Ralph Wilson is cheap and Buddy Nix has an affinity for washed up/bust Chargers (Buster Davis/Merriman). Not sure whats going on in Western NY.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Touche, Lee Evans for a 4th? Ralph Wilson is cheap and Buddy Nix has an affinity for washed up/bust Chargers (Buster Davis/Merriman). Not sure whats going on in Western NY.
What's going on in WNY? The same thing the Sabres have been doing, all our owners are cheap, we refuse to keep and pay stars the money they deserve.

People here in Buffalo wonder why the team is going to move to Toronto
Old 08-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by therockstar2005
One thing I have thought about doing...since the rosters that ship with the game should be pre-lockout, could just redo most of free agency. I have actually been pretty happy with what the Rams have done, but I'm tempted to do it just to get Sidney Rice. I do wish that Franchise mode would come with an option like Head Coach had to redo the previous offseason, that was a pretty cool option.
i've been thinking about this too. being that i was going with the raiders, it pains me that al let nnamdi and miller go n then paid routt 10 mil. it's nice we got boss but i would've done things differently and definitely kept my top guys. i've always wanted the opportunity to redo the off-season so i could actually draft skill players and not a bunch of speedsters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »