Home

Bungels to Bengals - Suggestions?

This is a discussion on Bungels to Bengals - Suggestions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #17
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Bungels to Bengals - Suggestions?

Im doing a Bengals franchise as well and will definatly get a good RB in free agency in year 2 and a good wingman at WR to help Green. Ill be running the ball a good amount (probably 65-70%) while Dalton is developing
Old 08-24-2011, 04:04 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Although bengals are looking shakey right now, they are pretty exciting to franchise for those who love rebuilding. I mean the combination of 2 young offensive players such as Dalton and Green along with the young Gresham and Shipley makes a pretty interesting future bengals offense. What I would do is try to acquire a mentor QB to start atleast the first 2 season which will help boost Dalton's progression. AJ Green makes a future pro borlw wr and shipley can be used like wes welker in the slot. getting a 2nd string wr shouldn't be that hard. Gresham is another young star that can also be used in the slot depending on the offensive packages you use. acquiring a rb would also be something easy to do using the off-season.

As for defense,the bengals have a pretty good shot at having a rock solid defense. I'd suggest acquiring a few more Dbs that would help you with coverage.
Kinda getting excited myself to put this plan to use lol. good luck.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #19
Rookie

Bafana's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbdazhole
Trade Palmer to the Cardinals for Early Doucet!! There are 3 WR's on the Cards depth chart named Williams, so Doucet can go! We need someone better than Kevin Kolb.
Easy does it, give Kolb a chance. I personally think with Larry, Heap and Roberts up field he will have a strong offensive outing this season. Look for the Cardinals to go 9-7 or 10-6.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #20
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Depending on how the draft is looking and where you are picking go like this:

Top 5 Pick: Franchise QB or Franchise LT

Top 10 Pick: Franchise Offensive (right or left) Tackle, CB or DT

Top 20: Project Franchise QB (think Josh Freeman, raw but elite upside)- Quality tackle, quality DLineman, Elite RB

BPA from here on out, don't be afraid to get that Hakeem Nicks type WR if available

look for RB and center, maybe RT in FA. Don't splash for vet cb or safety until you have a QB. Dalton will be a liability in bad weather and is too ugly to be face of the franchise lol
Old 08-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #21
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
uhhhhh...can u at least give the guy a shot before u knock Kolb? the guy hasn't started a 1 game for ya and ur already down on him....Put it this way, he's an INSTANT upgrade over hall, skelton, and anderson....plus ur in the NFC West where MEDIOCRE qb play can win the divison
BOOM SHAKA LAKA!
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

In real life I completely agree that OL is where offensive play starts. With a good line a mediocre QB or RB can look very good. The only problem is that in the last few years I have not seen this hold true in madden.

You have some raw young talent which is better than polished veterans in the game. If you want to keep it realistic don't trade an older player and then sign a big name vet to replace him. I enjoy building a team but draft picks are very undervalued so building a good core by trading for picks is just too easy.

I'll be curious to see how roles help develope players.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #23
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7

Being a die hard Bengals fan, I'm going with the Bengals, of course. I'm going to keep the roster as a real life counterpart.

If I go into the 2nd season, I would look for ways to improve the O-Line BIG TIME. Whitworth and Smith are the guys to keep long term. Cook can be good but could be better. Where are the guys like Rich Braham?????????????

Dalton, Gradkowski and LeFevour. Jordan Palmer gets the boot like yesterday!

Green, Simpson, Shipley, Caldwell, Gresham, Coffman, Scaife. Will need to look for 2 more WRs.

Maybe Peerman can replace Benson but not sure yet. Finley's play is not too shabby but I want to see more coming out of him. RBs are EASY to find.

I'm happy with the D-Line. Dunlap is going to be a beastly beast!!!!! Not to mention Michael Johnson. Peko, Atkins, and Sims are fantastic. Tank Johnson was released the other day.

Linebackers corp is good. Moch will be back 100 percent. Hopefully Muckelroy will be back 100%.

Secondary help is needed. Hall and Adam Jones as the starters. Trent and 2 or 3 others thru draft or free agency for backups.

I'm SO HAPPY that we got Taylor Mays, only a 2nd year player! 49ers, are you freakin' kidding me. He is one pissed off safety after not being drafted by Pete Carrol and being given up on by the 49ers. He is a get in your face safety, which is a GREAT asset to have in the AFC North. I hope Sands will pan out great, he has the size but needs to be groomed into a coverage and hard hitting safety. Crocker can be servicable. Nelson is pretty good, and he have improved a lot in the 1st two preseason games I have watched.

Overall, I like the team, very young with talent. Just take 2 maybe 3 years to develop into a Super Bowl winner!

Last edited by 03MstGT290; 08-24-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #24
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Sorry we are not going to have one of these threads for every team. Going to direct everyone to one thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html

Locked.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »