Home

No sideline or back of the endzone Interceptions.

This is a discussion on No sideline or back of the endzone Interceptions. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: No sideline or back of the endzone Interceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
To be honest with you I've not had a pick as a user in the demo yet on all madden...they keep dropping or batting the ball. had one pick against the cpu on all pro (tried one game) and I wasn't controlling him. Starting to worry about this....either the timing is different in this game or something but I can't get a pick to save my life....
I've gotten a few picks but I'll definitely be raising the USER INTs once I get the game because they do drop a lot. The USER pass defense will probably look something like my 11 sliders.. But definitely keep an eye out for the sideline and back of the endzone INTs I'm talking about.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errors Occurred
I do believe that I've had the cpu pick me off almost at the back of the endzone but I have yet to get a pick by the sidelines or the cpu get one...I might try to throw all my throws out that way on 2 players and see what I can come up with.
I have to admit I haven't seen a lot of action with the back of the endzone INTs but when I do get a chance or the CPU gets a chance its always dropped but I know for a fact its nothing with the INTs by the sideline. I've seen plenty of those to come to that conclusion.. But check it out when you get a chance..
Old 08-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #11
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Did you?? I've never seen it before in the 2 to 3 yard zone from those areas I'm talking about and I've had plenty of chances on Madden 11 and NCAA 12. It is always dropped or batted. I've seen it about 4 or 5 yards out but not in the 2 to 3 yard range. Its a big deal over here with me and my friends. We already know what to expect when the ball is thrown in that area and I been really paying close attention to it since I got NCAA 12 and played the Madden Demo and I've had plenty of oppurtunities for a pick and they're always dropped along with me throwing passes over there to the CPU that could have been picked by the sideline.. I really hope some kind of toe taping animation is added on 13 for INTs in those 2 areas..
I've gotten a couple right near the sideline in the demo (even tiptoed near the sideline after the catch when trying to return it a few yards). Also, while I haven't seen this in the demo, in 11 I had a couple passes picked by a defender on the sidelines that was ruled out of bounds.

Now, I haven't seen any toe-tapping sideline picks or anything super close (i.e. in need of review) so I'm not saying it's perfect or that it wouldn't be nice to see some improvement in that area. I also don't recall ever seeing one in the very back of the endzone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I've gotten a couple right near the sideline in the demo (even tiptoed near the sideline after the catch when trying to return it a few yards). Also, while I haven't seen this in the demo, in 11 I had a couple passes picked by a defender on the sidelines that was ruled out of bounds.

Now, I haven't seen any toe-tapping sideline picks or anything super close (i.e. in need of review) so I'm not saying it's perfect or that it wouldn't be nice to see some improvement in that area. I also don't recall ever seeing one in the very back of the endzone.
How close were you towards the sideline? Like I said I've seen it around 4 or 5 yards from the sideline and he momemtum took me towards the sideline but anything around 2 or 3 yards from the sideline were dropped or batted. I never seen a pick that was ruled out of bounds.. I would love to see a video on that. Not saying your lying but this has been something I've been paying very close attention to and it just hasn't happen in the many games I've played. But I'll keep checking it out..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 08-14-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #13
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Maybe it's just me, but I've had MULTIPLE sideline INTs in this demo.

Tramon and Charles are jumping curls, slants, and out routes like it's nobody's business! (Granted, I do user most of these INTs, but still).
Old 08-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Maybe it's just me, but I've had MULTIPLE sideline INTs in this demo.

Tramon and Charles are jumping curls, slants, and out routes like it's nobody's business! (Granted, I do user most of these INTs, but still).
I mostly USER pick myself and thats what makes it more frustrating.. How far from the sideline are you getting these INTs? I'm talking about INTs right by the sideline. The 2 to 3 yard area. I've seen plenty INTs around 4 to 5 yards from the sideline with momemtum taking me to the sideline.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #15
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I mostly USER pick myself and thats what makes it more frustrating.. How far from the sideline are you getting these INTs? I'm talking about INTs right by the sideline. The 2 to 3 yard area. I've seen plenty INTs around 4 to 5 yards from the sideline with momemtum taking me to the sideline.

I've had at least 3 INTs where I've had to skirt the sideline just to stay in (mostly on out-routes). I've also had multiple INTs on comeback and curl routes that have a yard or two from the sideline.

All I can say is I play a LOT of man coverage, so maybe this has something to do with it? I've never had a sideline INT in zone coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Its a fine line when adjusting user picks. Its waaaay to easy to get user picks in Madden if you switch on D.
You need to get a good balance and the drops, although they look bad, have to bappen more frequently than normal if you want realistics stats and qb pass %.
I only try and play in no switch on d leagues for this reason.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »