Home

Blocking in Madden 12 demo

This is a discussion on Blocking in Madden 12 demo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Blocking in Madden 12 demo

My object of this thread is not to talk about the suction blocking (that's been greatly reduced btw). I've noticed a weird thing whenever I try to run the ball up the middle w/ Forte.

As soon as I hit the LOS, 4 GB defenders shed their blocks at the same time, causing my hole to disappear and I get max 5 yards (in other words, no big play potential).

Is anyone else noticing this?

I'm playing on all pro by the way

Last edited by TheSportzGuru; 08-14-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
Banned

IntellectualAssassin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Blocking in Madden 12 demo

This is why people call the game scripted. The computer determines that you will not succeed on that play, and all the defenders shed their block in unison. It's really quite ridiculous. The least they could do is not make it so obvious.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntellectualAssassin
This is why people call the game scripted. The computer determines that you will not succeed on that play, and all the defenders shed their block in unison. It's really quite ridiculous. The least they could do is not make it so obvious.
I don't really care that they shed their blocks, but all at the same time?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Are you playing on All-Madden? Cause I know playing M11 on All-Madden and it was nearly impossible to run the ball on base settings because of the cpu would just throw your guys out of the way. It was one of the things that gave you the feeling that you weren't really losing on all-madden, just getting cheated.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportzGuru
I don't really care that they shed their blocks, but all at the same time?
I care because it's a pretty telltale sign that the computer has already decided it's going to stop you. Forget ratings, play design, or anything like that. The computer has already scripted what's going to happen. One of the many major flaws with this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Are you playing on All-Madden? Cause I know playing M11 on All-Madden and it was nearly impossible to run the ball on base settings because of the cpu would just throw your guys out of the way. It was one of the things that gave you the feeling that you weren't really losing on all-madden, just getting cheated.
I'll edit that now in my OP, I'm playin on All-pro
Old 08-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntellectualAssassin
I care because it's a pretty telltale sign that the computer has already decided it's going to stop you. Forget ratings, play design, or anything like that. The computer has already scripted what's going to happen. One of the many major flaws with this game.
Yea but at least if they spread out the shedding thats more time to find a hole, rather than 3 guys comin right at u with no blockers
Old 08-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportzGuru
Yea but at least if they spread out the shedding thats more time to find a hole, rather than 3 guys comin right at u with no blockers
Yeah, the worst part is I know exactly what's going on haha. It's quite the eyesore. Like I said, the least they could do is not make it so obvious I'm being cheated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »