Home

Cam Newton..

This is a discussion on Cam Newton.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Cam Newton..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
As a Panthers fan and player, I've used every starting QB the franchise has ever had in Madden beginning with Kerry Collins. I'm looking forward to playing with Cam Newton - but it's got NOTHING do do with his speed. I've played with Rodney Peete and Steve Beuerlein for goodness sakes. I'm going to enjoy the cannon hanging from his right shoulder...

I must say this - I don't watch college football. Before the Giants vs Panthers pre-season game I'd never seen Newton play (other than SportsCenter highlights). What I saw, I liked.

I predict Cam Newton will be the starter come opening day... Why?

Jimmy Claussen is a 3rd string NFL passer at best. He has to get everything behind the ball to get any velocity. His passes flutter when he's touched because he's not strong enough to throw through the contact. He didn't look scared like he did last year, but the offense isn't explosive with him at the helm.

Either way... I don't intend on using Newton any differently than I would any other quarterback. I'm just going to do more.

Later
I would not say that. Jimmy looked pretty good with the starting unit agaist the Giants this past weekend. Both him and Cam looked pretty good overall. But they both still need a lot work before the season begins.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

But I will admit that I will be using Cam for his speed aswell as for his arm. He will be my starter in franchise mode no doubt. 14 days left before Madden12 comes out. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #11
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

OVR: 3

What I will probably do is have more designed runs with Cam, sort of bring some of his old Auburn plays to Carolina lol
Carolina Panthers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I would not say that. Jimmy looked pretty good with the starting unit agaist the Giants this past weekend. Both him and Cam looked pretty good overall. But they both still need a lot work before the season begins.
I agree. JC didn't play horribly and bounced back pretty well after throwing his first TD pass (to the Giants).

But when I watch him throw the ball, it looks labored. VERY LABORED. It's as if he's concentrating on every movement he must do to throw the ball. When he's comfortable, the ball comes out pretty well, but when he's rushed passes sail high, fall short, flutter, AND he looks scared.

Newton looked 10x more comfortable in his first outing than Claussen does after several starts. Not to mention the ball just JUMPS out of his hand. They both still need work, but Newton gives us the best chance to move the ball consistently with explosion.

IMO, JC at his best is still sub-par. Netwon is going to start for my Panthers. I'm guessing Ron Rivera is going to see the same things I'm seeing on film.

Later
Old 08-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #13
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I agree. JC didn't play horribly and bounced back pretty well after throwing his first TD pass (to the Giants).

But when I watch him throw the ball, it looks labored. VERY LABORED. It's as if he's concentrating on every movement he must do to throw the ball. When he's comfortable, the ball comes out pretty well, but when he's rushed passes sail high, fall short, flutter, AND he looks scared.

Newton looked 10x more comfortable in his first outing than Claussen does after several starts. Not to mention the ball just JUMPS out of his hand. They both still need work, but Newton gives us the best chance to move the ball consistently with explosion.

IMO, JC at his best is still sub-par. Netwon is going to start for my Panthers. I'm guessing Ron Rivera is going to see the same things I'm seeing on film.

Later
I will be really surprised if Cam Cam isn't starting week 1
Carolina Panthers
Old 08-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSports
What I will probably do is have more designed runs with Cam, sort of bring some of his old Auburn plays to Carolina lol
There will be Option Runs in the Philly Playbook and probably Titans
Old 08-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #15
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
There will be Option Runs in the Philly Playbook and probably Titans
well I will definitely play around with the playbooks so I can utilize his Size & Speed when I feel the need.
Carolina Panthers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
But I will admit that I will be using Cam for his speed aswell as for his arm. He will be my starter in franchise mode no doubt. 14 days left before Madden12 comes out. I'm looking forward to it.
I usually do muliple Franchises. 1st- A complete rebuild(Phins) where I get rid of vets for picks and almost every position needs to be drafted. MY 2nd- Is where I go to a young team who already has begun the rebuilding stage and has a QB. Like Carolina or Rams. Get Cams some weapons.
But with the ability to Switch teams in offseason, I can build Phins into a Championship team. Then Switch to a Team like Colt(By then Lose all their players), and rebuild them. I could get the chance to face my team and a new league
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »