Home

Cam Newton..

This is a discussion on Cam Newton.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 04:22 AM   #33
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cam Newton..

Newton has. . .

97 Throw Power
87 Short TA
72 Medium TA
85 Deep TA
87 Throw on the run

His deep accuracy puts him top 5 in the NFL SMH.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
He had a 42%comp rate against #2s. He had two good throws, and a bunch of erratic results. Hes not there yet and shouldnt be rated like hes already proven himself. Hes got better deep accuracy than 90% of Madden QBs...better than many of the beep ball QBs from a season ago.
I'd NEVER watched Cam Newton at Auburn... I've only watched the few plays he's had as a pro - and I'm impressed. That ain't easy to do. Very rarely am I impressed and even more rarely am I let down by my first impressions of a pro QB.

If you look at the stat sheet, Cam was 8 for 19 for 42% completions. But if you watched the game, you'd also know that most of his passes hit the hands of a receiver before hitting the ground. The only throw I remember him missing on was a 25 yard deep post to Armanti Edwards that was about 2 feet from being a TD pass.

During the game he was poised - dare I say he looked like he was having fun. None of his passes came close to being intercepted, and all of them (even the deep post he missed on) was a good decision. He was poised in the pocket, and only moved out of the pocket when it was designed or necessary. I'd venture to say that Cam Newton (he made the first guy miss both times) looks better taking a sack than Jimmy Claussen does completing a pass.

I'm not saying he's superman or that Donny has him rated well. That remains to be seen, but he should start his next game with the #1's. Maybe they will actually catch the balls that hit them in the hands.

Later
Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 2

^exactly, I'm the biggest Madden rating critic but I think his ratings are pretty spot on. Hes accurate close and deep his ratings reflect that, his medium accuracy isnt very good which shows in the rating, he has a cannon hes fast and he has low awarness. His ratings work for me *shrugs*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #36
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

OVR: 3

I pretty much agree with what people have been saying about Cam's ratings, because I have watched him alot and he has shown flashes of what he can be...and that's exactly what these ratings show
Carolina Panthers
Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 10

I think many people will use the panthers unfortunately. Now when people see me play with panthers they're gonna think i'm fan weathering even though I've been with the panthers from the start.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
I think many people will use the panthers unfortunately. Now when people see me play with panthers they're gonna think i'm fan weathering even though I've been with the panthers from the start.
I doubt it. Those kind of players will use the eagles.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
I doubt it. Those kind of players will use the eagles.
Never know... Last year the Panthers could have been 14-2 if not for the guys that touch the ball every play. Our QB play was horrible and it seeped into every other area of the team.

We have a mobile QB, two good running backs, 2 good tight ends, a tall receiver and STEVE MUTHA-LOVIN SMITH (greatest player ever to don the uni). And our defense is always stout.

Might be the sleeper team this year. If trends persist, they will win the division. Cellar dweller always wins the next year. LOL

Later
Old 08-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #40
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I think those people would be better off using the 49ers with Kaepernick. Not that they'll be great either but more options than the Panthers.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »