Home

Madden Release Parties?

This is a discussion on Madden Release Parties? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Madden Release Parties?

Sup fellas,

I'm hosting a Madden Release Party in Ann Arbor MI on August 29th from 9PM-midnight. We'll be playing Madden NFL 12, giving out some t-Shirts, etc... One of the other Madden site owners may also attend. We're gonna have FUNNNNNNN.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had any release night plans and what's going to be happening at the event you're attending?

Lastly, is there any ritual you do before getting the new game?

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden Release Parties?

I'm going to come home, take the UPS slip off my door, and if I'm back before 5 I'll pick it up at the front office and play a game or two. If it's past 5, bummer...

Ritual? Keep busy or else I'll be thinking about it all day and make the 30th a very long day.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

I'm having a tournament at Gamestop in Mansfield Ohio, winner gets Madden 12 for free. Also will have Prima strategy guides, tshirts, snacks.... And best of all my video camera for the LM YouTube page.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

The day Madden comes out is like game day for me. I wear my Eagles jersey just like I'm about to go the the Linc. My ritual used to be standing in line at Gametop waiting on the midnight release.

But lately I've been using Amazon, so my ritual is cheesesteaks with my amigos for lunch with some beer and a healthy serving of trash talk. Maybe a fist fight over which team has the best fans in the NFL, and then watching whatever is on ESPN til the delivery guy gets to my house.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I'm having a tournament at Gamestop in Mansfield Ohio, winner gets Madden 12 for free. Also will have Prima strategy guides, tshirts, snacks.... And best of all my video camera for the LM YouTube page.
Can you send details to me or send a link to the info?

I'd love to list your Release Party on the "Madden Event Calendar" at my website. Its FREE.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I used to go down to my local gamestop...They had tournaments, trivia contests, and all sorts of free give aways (shirts, accessories, gift cards), but now they really dont do much. They just line you up, check your receipt, and try to get you in and out right at midnight. I think this year I will just wait to the next morning and go to Wal-Mart. I am getting the Season Pass, so the Midnight release doesn't seem that important to me (especially since gamestop kind of took the fun out it)
Old 08-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
where are you from? not being a stalker, just curious because i too live in the mid-ohio area

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »