Home

EA is shutting down madden ebook websites aka cheeser websites

This is a discussion on EA is shutting down madden ebook websites aka cheeser websites within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: EA is shutting down madden ebook websites aka cheeser websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
It is legal if they are making money while using the names, logos, brand of Madden.

Now if it is just a free website that us not making revenue, then they cannt shut it down I am pretty sure.
So let's say they just had Xs and Os and/or blurred/grayed out graphics and still sold the same strategies, they would be fine to operate, right?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

Whats even more worse is, is that these sites have been posting the glitches (turbo blitzes) on there sites since the demo released along with a few others that are still there from past maddens.

So sick of this kinda of crap going on even with a demo of all things! Is it that serious to create unrealistic pressure on people just for an easy win?

All these sites whether they give good tips or not should all be killed off!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Whats even more worse is, is that these sites have been posting the glitches (turbo blitzes) on there sites since the demo released along with a few others that are still there from past maddens.

So sick of this kinda of crap going on even with a demo of all things! Is it that serious to create unrealistic pressure on people just for an easy win?

All these sites whether they give good tips or not should all be killed off!
What's funny to me is that you think that by eliminating these sites it'll remove it from the game or something.

Instead you'll be facing the same glitchers, who found out the same strategies, in other ways.

Only this time you won't have the ability to stop it as fast because there won't be an outline to see what is working, why it's working, and what can stop it. I always thought those sites also had ways to stop the "trick/money plays" that they showed you how to do. Now they won't.

If you think this will somehow stop glitching & money plays then you are delusional.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
If EA really wants to stop this, they need to go all "WMG" on YouTube and start removing stuff. This is only a small step IMO because many people (as would I) check YouTube for stuff like this, not random weird websites that may have viruses, etc. It's cool that EA is doing this though. Props.
It really isn't EA stopping it per se, it is Prima and since they have the exclusive rights for that intellectual property, most likely they have EA Legal as their representation. It could also easily be the NFL pushing the issue as well.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky454
If you're a sim gamer you might take pleasure in the fact that ea and prima guides is shutting down websites that teach others how to exploit madden's programming. Prima guides paid a lot of money to be the official guide for madden and ncaa so it makes sense they are shutting down websites that didn't fork over the money that prima guides did. Not all madden glitch websites have been shutdown yet. But as they "hunt down" the many madden ebook websites they will begin to disappear. These websites cannot use anything, not the players, stadiums, nfl logo, names, nothing. So if you hate the glitchers who teach others how to pull off glitches such as the old madden 11 qb spy glitch or how to disconnect people then now's your time to get the last laugh. R.I.P. madden ebook websites.
As much as I believe that ZFarls and SGibs work with Prima will be tremendous - it won't be enough. They are only two players with two perspectives, albeit more robust than typical, but still limited in scope.

First, I am dismayed that websites that teach others the X's and O's they need to compete head-to-head in Madden are referred to as "glitch websites." While there are some sites that seek profit by peddling the glitches, but none of the sites that were hit in this round fell into that category.

Without them we as a community are set back almost a decade and revert to a time when the figurative "blind leading the blind" is a legitimate description of the head-to-head landscape.

Case in point, when Online play began in August 2002 - there weren't many Madden strategy websites (less than 3). Players went online, got killed, and automatically assumed their demise was the result of shady play. It never occurred to many that their skills may be deficient, that they were not prepared, or that their football acumen needed to be bolstered.

A years later there are more than 10 Madden websites that publish strategic information that players need to be competitive based on real X's and O's. Entire communities revolved around these strategy sites...

That said, OS is NOT a site for head to head strategies. This site is much better suited to players that enjoy other gaming modes (Franchise, Superstar) or customized slider adjustments. The X's and O's portion of OS's strategy section is rarely, if ever, used and many of the strategies posted there are of no use n head-to-head play. That's not a knock on OS, but merely a testament to the types of players that gather here and the vast differences in the reasons why they play.

That said... The new gamer will suffer. Either by misinformation about the differences between legitimate x/o strategy, the constant complaints of the bevy of Madden haters, or the tendency of EA to bend to serve the lowest common denominator among it's fans.

The absence of strategy websites is equivalent to a school with no teachers or little league football team with no coach. No one will show the impressionable how to tackle, how to read progression, how to read defenses, how to protect the passer, etc... We will be left with people who don't do these things well teaching the community how to avoid having to do them as we've seen time and time again through the SIM standards that have been passed down blindly since Madden 2004 that outlaw 55% of football strategy (ask for the study if you'd like proof).

Football is just as much a game of mental toughness as it is physical toughness. Players who assume strategy guides are all "glitches" and are happy to see the producers out of business may not possess the mental toughness necessary for no-holds-barred head-to-head play, and the demise of strategy industry ensures they will no longer be able to possess the 'know-how" that helps develop this mental toughness.

It's sad to see the most knowledgeable Madden minds on the planet without a path to increase the knowledge of others. For now, there's no incentive to part with the knowledge of developing valuable Madden skills. Unfotunately, only the least prepared players will feel the sting.

Later
Old 08-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #38
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Its about time they started protecting their revenue streams.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0

Wow I was good friends with Kobra back in the day. That sucks. He and I when the internet became a part of the game were the first two people who played each other. He was telling me all these strategies and that he wanted to do guides and I was like what are you nuts? It's just a game..... He actually did really well for himself with that site and showed me. He's a good honest guy and worked really hard on it and put his soul into that site.

This is just another example of greed and where copyrights and licensing goes too far imo.

The game was laggy as heck back then but I can still beat his *** though hehe. All that analyzing. My god. I'd just want to play a game and he'd be like let me show you this film on this that and this. That's just who he is. EA is lame.

Last edited by Celtic34; 08-17-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #40
Pro

Hey TNT, remember when you said there'd come a time we would see eye to eye on an issue.

This is it.

Very accurate post, and again, pathetic by the rest who feel the need to protect Prima's revenue stream. It truly baffles my brain.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »