Home

Online Franchise, what's in and what's out?

This is a discussion on Online Franchise, what's in and what's out? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Online Franchise, what's in and what's out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Yeah, I know they said they didn't make many changes to online franchise, but some things, like dpp, seem like they would be in parts of the game. I'm just trying to get some clarification on all that. Also, I didn't play the game at all last year so I'm not really sure what is in online franchise and what isn't.
In addition to this, are slider sets available for online franchise? I know about Online communities having slider sets but does this also cover online franchises created from those communities?

This is very important to me because for years I have been reading about how effective slider sets are at making the game play better but have never personally used any since I prefer to play human opponents.

I can definitely see myself playing hours of ranked online head to head play within 5 different communities, all using sim community respected slider sets. However, my passion is franchise mode and even with League Manager, I don't know that I can enjoy the game play of an Online franchise without DPP and slider sets.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #10
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
In addition to this, are slider sets available for online franchise? I know about Online communities having slider sets but does this also cover online franchises created from those communities?

This is very important to me because for years I have been reading about how effective slider sets are at making the game play better but have never personally used any since I prefer to play human opponents.

I can definitely see myself playing hours of ranked online head to head play within 5 different communities, all using sim community respected slider sets. However, my passion is franchise mode and even with League Manager, I don't know that I can enjoy the game play of an Online franchise without DPP and slider sets.
I just don't see how DPP won't be in. It's in playnow games, so I don't see how it won't be in online franchise games. Maybe I'm being a little naive though. This IS EA were talking about here.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

For someone who loves Online Franchise and has a deeply passionate one with two friends, we have found that All Madden difficulty is vastly dumbed down in Madden 11 in OF. All of us routinely won games by 30+ points and they only good games were against each other. I won the Super Bowl two years in a row with the SEAHAWKS. Now playing the albeit very cheap offline All Madden, I would lose a lot and it would be more fun.

So sliders being in OF would be crucial and awesome. Or, when the embargo is lifted, can someone see how hard All Madden is on OF M12?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #12
Rookie

Uncle Way's Arena

OVR: 8

No to everything except DPP..

And it won't be the persistent DPP as seen in offline franchise where player performance is affected from game to game.. It will be like the DPP in "Play Now" games..
Old 08-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #13
Rookie

JHolsinger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I just don't see how DPP won't be in. It's in playnow games, so I don't see how it won't be in online franchise games. Maybe I'm being a little naive though. This IS EA were talking about here.
Scouting was in play now games last year, and was not included in the online franchise. No changes have been made to the online franchise this year, it has been confirmed.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:43 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

practice mode will probably not be in again which is ridiculous
Old 08-19-2011, 05:01 AM   #15
Rookie

Zuke's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHolsinger
Scouting was in play now games last year, and was not included in the online franchise. No changes have been made to the online franchise this year, it has been confirmed.
they added it in last year so maybe they can add one or two things

and practice mode is needed more for online than offline as there is no preseason
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #16
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuke
they added it in last year so maybe they can add one or two things

and practice mode is needed more for online than offline as there is no preseason
What is the scouting you guys are talking about? I didn't play last years version so I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »