Home

Propose Question to Community!

This is a discussion on Propose Question to Community! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Propose Question to Community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
No it isn't
Yes it is EA Choice. Again you are wrong. Of course it's EA's choice. It's also there cost analysis (cost/benefit) that probably determines whether they do it or not.

I wish you would stop telling people they are wrong when they are NOT.

Quote:
... thats a choice made by the NFL.
No, it's EA's choice to develop enhancements over ONE year. The NFL only dictates that a release happens every year.

Quote:
They have to release a game every year.
Nobody has said they don't. And? So? Kind of irrelevant to what I said.

Quote:
And as far as the 2 different studios goes... COD has two different studios with separate coding. Neither studio puts out the same game... only similar games.
Oh really? They share nothing between games? Not a physics engine? Nothing? And you know this for sure? Really? Sorry if I don't take your word for it. You've been flat out wrong when discussing things with me before. Remember Compiler and Linker?

Quote:
EA would have to share the code between 2 studios and then take the risk of one studio coding differently than the other.
They shared code between console and PC.

Quote:
Its not an excuse just a fact.
What is? That they would need to share code? Or that they couldn't do it. Yes to the first, no to the second.

Quote:
We already have had that fiasco in Madden when the original team for this gen did their coding and the next team had to take over the code.... kind of like "what the heck were they doing with this?!"
Absolutely nothing to do with whether 2 studios would work or not. Your example was ONE STUDIO. If you have two studios with one man in charge overseeing things, it should work out.

Quote:
You can code things differently and come up with the same result, it just changes how other code works with the previously written code
A good configuration management tool will help merge code. It happens all the time in large projects. It is absolutely doable. EA could have two teams working on major enhancements on a two year cycle. And still share code.

I have absolutely no idea why you think it's impossible. EA just has to decide whether it's worth the investment.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
You have around 4 or 5 guys on that team that played high school or college football.......

So that really don't make a difference either........
Sure, but now one of them is in charge of both games, calling the shots.

His seat isn't even warm, yet. I'd like to see what games he produces before coming judgmental either way.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #51
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
No it isn't ... thats a choice made by the NFL. They have to release a game every year. And as far as the 2 different studios goes... COD has two different studios with separate coding. Neither studio puts out the same game... only similar games. EA would have to share the code between 2 studios and then take the risk of one studio coding differently than the other. Its not an excuse just a fact. We already have had that fiasco in Madden when the original team for this gen did their coding and the next team had to take over the code.... kind of like "what the heck were they doing with this?!" You can code things differently and come up with the same result, it just changes how other code works with the previously written code

I think you have a misconception about COD. Infinity Ward developed an engine for COD 4. It is a suped up version of the Quake engine. Treyarch uses the exact same engine to design the game.

There is almost zero difference between the Treyarch COD's and the IW COD's, save for the graphics. They play exactly the same and are as close to a copy paste, drag and drop game as you will ever see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I think you have a misconception about COD. Infinity Ward developed an engine for COD 4. It is a suped up version of the Quake engine. Treyarch uses the exact same engine to design the game.

There is almost zero difference between the Treyarch COD's and the IW COD's, save for the graphics. They play exactly the same and are as close to a copy paste, drag and drop game as you will ever see.
I also mentioned they could be using the same engine. It's a pretty fair guess they would be. Thanks for confirming.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT

LT;

Has it always been like that? My son plays the series and I thought he told me the popular theory is to buy COD every other year. IW vs whoever. I thought according to him IW was much better.

Has things changed? He thought MW3 was terrible.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #54
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I also mentioned they could be using the same engine. It's a pretty fair guess they would be. Thanks for confirming.

This is the reason why Activision had zero trepidation about IW heads leaving and taking team members with them. They could hand the game over to pretty much anyone and still release the COD that the masses love.

Save for weapons, perks, killstreaks, and graphics, this series is the epitome of what some believe that Madden is. Namely a yearly tweak job.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #55
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Honestly I think people putting a little bit TOO MUCH faith and HYPE into Cam Webber just because he came from the FIFA team. That really don't mean jack since Cam Webber isn't a programmer, he is just a suit that tells people what to do.

I mean seriosuly did Peter Moore make EA Sports better coming from Microsoft ? NO

At the end of the day it don't matter who the head guy is, because they are nothing but a suit that tells people what to do. What matters most is the programmers, the real workers.

Cam Webber success is just a by product of what the programmers did on the FIFA team. I mean hell FIFA was GOOD before Cam Webber got there and still will be GOOD after he is gone because the same programmers are still there.
I don't think Peter Moore's "suit" influence made Madden better, I actually think it was detrimental but I think he had influence. I think Cam Weber will also have considerable influence on Madden now.

I have seen it repeatedly stated that the perceived casual direction of Madden was not the devs fault but the "suits". So the addition of a suit that says delivering on simulation is first and foremost along with authenticity being key, is a great thing, imo.

Peter Moore came in and did pretty much what he said he would, as far as appealing to the masses and digitizing consumers, so it's reasonable to think that Cam Weber can do the same.

If the suits truly have been dictating the direction of next-gen Madden, with the stuff Weber is saying, I hope that doesn't finally change now. LOL

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 08-19-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #56
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

OVR: 2

Great post Phobia.... those that know me from other platforms would know how critical I have been towards EA, but this year I had to give them their props on the improvements that have been made. I think the game should be much further along, but I can only judge whats going on now. Cam Weber stated that he is all for core fundamental gameplay and he had a 3 year plan, well if this is year 1 of the plan I would say it looks promising.

I watched this video yesterday and I can clearly say that it is better than the demo. This video actually shows nice gameplay. Of course, you know me, I will be taking a close look at everything once I have access to the final version, but I can see from this video that M12 plays pretty well and it is the best Madden for next gen to date.

With that being said, I'm sure there are still areas of concern, and I will most definitely point those things out and continue my quest to help EA and encourage EA to make the best possible simulation football game.

Sim

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »