Home

My Amazing Madden Finish

This is a discussion on My Amazing Madden Finish within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0
My Amazing Madden Finish

Madden 11, one v one against my best friend (who's a huge trash talker). We get pretty crazy with our Madden gaming and usually ends up in fights after the game, well worth it.

He was the Redskins and I was the Titans, as we always are. This game he was up 27-10, in the 4th quarter with about 4 minutes left. So the trash talk started, he kicked the ball after a field goal, and Marc Mariani ran it back 100+ yards for a TD going 27-17 (im losing). Now he's still trash talking calling it "luck" blah blah blah.

So I kick him the ball, when Rennie Curran blasts him and forces a fumble. The problem is that not only is Vince Young hurt, Kerry Collins is too, So my offense is being run by no other than Rusty "the Rifle" Smith. But my favorite play, "RB Screen", has been working all day so why not try it again. After a few plays its 3rd and 10, and I do the screen, and CJ2K breaks it for a 40 yards TD reception with the score now at 27-24, and about two minutes left.

Can I possibly land an onside kick? Heck yes I can, and do so. At this point my friend is about to Falcon Punch my TV out of anger. 1:50 left, down by 3, I have no timouts, and need to get a drive going with my 3rd string QB. My pal thinks I'll just run the ball and do short passes, as I only need a few yards to be in FG range with Bironas. But what do i do 1st play? Throw him off with a playaction and then a deep bomb to Jared Cook. Cook catches it mid field, jukes out LaRon Landry, and rumbles down the field for a TD!

Amazingly I came back and the score is now 31-27 (I'm winning). But wait, it's not over yet! I left 1:30 on the clock, so I boot the ball with Bironas and it's a touchback. I go into prevent to not allow any deep balls, and play afer play he flys down the field attempting to get in the endzone for a win. It comes down to ONE play. 3 yard line, no timeouts, :02 left, down by 4, either he gets a TD and wins, or I stop him on D and I win. This video will show the final play: http://youtu.be/k0ZFh2-BKjA.

AMAZING! I stop McNabb on a scamble on the 1/2 inch line, Could it be ANY closer!!! I come back from a 27-10 defecit, and win by a yard. That is my best Madden finish ever

Last edited by xpmar9x; 08-18-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: My Amazing Madden Finish

Please edit your post and make paragraphs.

Also, a few months ago I was recording some OTP and had this crazy game:

*Note: I had just come back from playing a lot of AFP2k8, so my passing started off really bad. I'm embarrassed, but it gets better.

In retrospect, I wish I had made the video better. There was a great conversation about if we should go for the win or the tie on that 4th down.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Old 08-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Old 08-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

And that my friends is one reason we keep plunking down our hard earned money.....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Please edit your post and make paragraphs.

Also, a few months ago I was recording some OTP and had this crazy game:

*Note: I had just come back from playing a lot of AFP2k8, so my passing started off really bad. I'm embarrassed, but it gets better.

In retrospect, I wish I had made the video better. There was a great conversation about if we should go for the win or the tie on that 4th down.
Please edit your video and remove the music....

Here comes the forum Gestapo!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #7
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

I've never really done that huge of a comeback against a friend. The best I've ever done is hit a 70 yard pass hail mary into the endzone. It got knocked around bounced off everyone's helmets and just landed in my players hands. I LOL'd while my friend just blew up.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:41 AM   #8
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

My best finish in Madden 11 came in the Pro-Bowl... I know... of ALL GAMES...

Just played on 1 minute quarters to get the achievement... Game goes into OT.

I laughed for a good five minutes on that one.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The best finish I ever had in a real game was when I came back from 31 Down to beat Baltimore in the AFC Title Game (using my Browns of course). McCoy was hurt in the first half an my offense fell apart with Delhomme in there... McCoy came back and threw for 300+ yards in the second half. Final play was the game winning FG from Dawson to take us to the Super Bowl.

Lost the Super Bowl to Dallas (38-35)... but beat them the next year in a re-match.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »