Home

If other games were scrutinized like Madden.......

This is a discussion on If other games were scrutinized like Madden....... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #81
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: If other games were scrutinized like Madden.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
It may have improved each year from the first installment of this gen, but when compared to what the game had prev to this gen, it went backwards and is still trying to catch up. It can be in areas in the game that some don't use, but the fact that it went backwards and is still trying to catch up is indisputable.

Where has offline franchise been? And still, where is online franchise.
You can say the game went backwards until the cows home on, I'm telling you I know friends relatives and neighbors who feel just the opposite and can't wait for the next installment.

You aren't wrong and they aren't wrong in how they feel and play the game.

As long as online franchise mode is working, they are fine with that. I'm like you, even though I don't play online, I hope it get's a big improvement next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #82
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

To the OP:
The reason Madden is scrutinized so much is that it is a YEARLY multi-million dollar developed game, so the product should be top notch especially considering it's in it's 20+ iteration of the title, where as other games only get 2 to 3 games in it's title run as it's max.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You can say the game went backwards until the cows home on, I'm telling you I know friends relatives and neighbors who feel just the opposite and can't wait for the next installment.

As long as online franchise mode is working, they are fine with that. I'm like you, even though I don't play online, I hope it get's a big improvement next year.
The key here is that it gets the upgrade it needs, But not at the expense of other features or gameplay enhancements. That's what irks me the most, and believe it or not, it also creates the dissension amongst the fans. You could see it here on this site when there was the so-called "battle of the modes". lol. If you have a game mode that you are supporting, then it needs to work. Period. That does not mean you make a few changes to it, then claim you couldn't fix other areas of the game... Then on top of it, claim that you have guys who work on different areas of the game so that other areas are not affected by what they are doing. The fact that the gameplay team got a big bump is a good sign. Let's face it, the one thing we can all agree on, is that even if our favorite modes do not get the proper attention, if the gameplay is sensational, we can overlook those other things. It's the football that matters most. That is what we are playing. However, it's still not acceptable to sacrifice one area for another. They have a large enough team to give the entire game the face lift it deserves. I do truly believe that it is entirely possible that Madden 13 CAN be an outstanding game. Madden 12 is certainly much better than what we have had. 13 could really separate Madden from the swill.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #84
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
What's funny is that if you go into any other game's board there are many in the vocal minority who complain incessantly about those games as well. Then to see people here who've obviously never been to those boards prop up certain games as perfect is just hilarious.

Remember the old saying "no matter how perfect or beautiful a woman is, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her crap." That's videogaming.
I'm sure you've heard the phrase "there's plenty of fish in the sea."

Last edited by BlackJackRabbit; 08-21-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #85
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33

And also, are you judging based on feature set or gameplay? To me the gameplay in next gen post 09 has exceeded anything madden did on ps2 era consoles.
Agreed. On the field they surpassed it a while back, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Then they are taking a very narrow view of the game. Their view is ONLY the part of the game that they use ignoring the rest of the game. They either don't know or don't care about anything else in the game. So that does make them wrong. They are ignoring major parts of the game. I would say they just don't care about any part of the game outside of what they use. The game did go backwards whether they realize it or not. I don't play online, but I still realize that online franchise is still not where it should be.

It's like saying that a crime didn't effect me, so it didn't happen.

Last edited by bucky60; 08-21-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #87
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
As you can see from the table below, it doesn't seem as if Madden is viewed as harshly by its critics as other games (notably Fallout New Vegas).

KEY:
FS= Fan Score (the average person's quick review)
RS= Reader Score (the critics more in-depth review)
DIF= Difference

Stats -
GameFSRSDIFFinal Fantasy87-1

Dirt 396-3

Mortal Kombat8.88.4-0.4

Call of Duty7.87.3-0.5

Demon's Souls8.88.3-0.5

LA Noire8.27.6-0.6

Gran Turismo8.68.3-0.3

Catherine8.78-0.7

Marvel vs. Capcom87.4-0.6

Fallout New Vegas8.15.8-2.3

Portal 299.40.4

Madden 117.67.3-0.3

MLB 11: The Show8.98-0.9

NBA 2k118.66-2.6

AVERAGE8.47.5-0.9

What are we looking at here?
Old 08-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #88
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Only on OS could someone say someone else's opinion on something totally subjective, is wrong, with such conviction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »