Home

Expanded Broadcast Presentation

This is a discussion on Expanded Broadcast Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Expanded Broadcast Presentation

With a lot a talk about how they're going to revamp the commentary for next years madden I've read a lot of comments about how people want separate broadcast teams. I've always thought that would be a little much considering how you don't play monday night game's every week and such. And since they've put extra emphasis on presentation this year I have an idea that isn't huge and would probably be easy to put in and I think it would do a lot to enhance the game's presentation.

Everybody knows that every week in the NFL, CBS and FOX have their own games and NBC has the Sunday night game and ESPN has the Monday night game. They all have different stat banners that are up during the game and you can always tell whether you're watching a FOX or CBS game simply by the stat banner. My idea is to implement this into madden as well.

I've created some examples to help you visualize my idea. They are all based on the CBS, FOX, NBC, and ESPN banners that play during games and since EA loves to have their name on everything I made sure to include their logo in each one.

AFC Game Broadcast (AFC team on the road)

AFC Game Banner (Full-Size)

Team Intro

Player Intro

In-Game Player Stat Banner

Around The League Score Ticker

On-Field Down & Distance Indicator

NFC Game Broadcast (NFC team on the road)

NFC Bug (Full-Size)

Team Intro

Player Intro

Around The League Score Ticker

Down & Distance Indicator

NFL on EA Logo (displayed in corner)

Sunday Night Football Broadcast

Team Intro

Player Intro

Monday Night Football Broadcast

Banner(Full-Size)

Team Intro

Player Intro

Individual Player Bug

Player Stat Banner

On-Field Down & Distance Indicator

Thursday Night Football

Score Banner(Full-Size)

Score Ticker

Preseason Broadcast

Preseason Banner (Full Size)

Preseason Bug (Full Size)

Preseason Team Intro

Preseason Player Intro

Preseason Player Stat Banner

Preseason Down & Distance Indicator

Let me know your thoughts!! If this is something you would like to see in Madden, head to the link below and vote for it!

Madden GameChangers Idea - Expanded Broadcast Presentation

CFM Bottomline Ticker

This is a bit different than what is above but along the same lines. I've always viewed the real-life news ticker at the bottom as worthless. In today's world of smart phones and social media, there is really no need to display real-life news, much of which is old news, along the bottom line of the game. So what I did was take the ticker, re-designed it in the form of a CFM ticker. The ticker would go through a myriad of things like transactions, injuries, last weeks games scores and stats, upcoming games, etc. All of which would be from what is currently going on in your current CFM. Ideally, this would always be on the bottom no matter what screen you're looking at and would constantly cycle. I think this would be a very welcome addition to CFM and would allow you to keep tabs on what is happening around the league. Below are some screenshots to help convey the idea:

CFM Ticker Tabs

CFM Transactions Ticker

CFM Weekly Recap

Spoiler

Current Weeks Games Ticker

Spoiler

Injury Report Ticker

Spoiler

Update (12/3/2012): Multiple broadcast elements added for the preseason broadcast including an updated banner and brand new bug, player intro, player stat banner and on-field down and distance indicator. Also added the link at the bottom to vote for the idea at the EA GameChangers website.

Update (12/4/2012): Updated the AFC game broadcast with new banner, team intro, player intro, player stat banner, score ticker, and on-field down and distance marker.

Update (12/10/2012): Updated the NFC game broadcast with new elements.

Update (12/15/2012): Updated MNF broadcast with new elements.

Update (5/30/2012): Updated with new CFM Ticker screens.

Last edited by DeuceDouglas; 06-03-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Expanded Broadcast Presentation

That looks pretty good and I am guessing that would be an easy thing to add into a game. Especially since they kind of did already with the AFL package a few years ago.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
That's some pretty nice UI design there. I am hoping at some point to get some different broadcast flourishes, but that's way down on my wishlist.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

looks ok, the last one is a little too big IMO. But if they were to try to implement different broadcasting feels they would have to get more commentators to go with that or else it wouldnt feel right, and im not sure thats a investment they're willing to take right now.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
With a lot a talk about how they're going to revamp the commentary for next years madden I've read a lot of comments about people want separate broadcast teams. I've always thought that would be a little much considering how you don't play monday night game's every week and such. And since they've put extra emphasis on presentation this year I have an idea that isn't huge and would probably be easy to put and I think it would a lot to enhance the game's presentation.

Everybody knows that every week in the NFL, CBS and FOX have their own games and NBC has the Sunday night game and ESPN has the Monday night game. They all have different stat banners that are up during the game and you can always tell whether you're watching a FOX or CBS game simply by the stat banner. My idea is to implement this into madden as well.

I've created some examples to show you visualize my idea. They are all based on the CBS, FOX, NBC, and ESPN banners that play during games and since EA loves to have their name on everything I made sure to include their logo in each one.

CBS game (AFC team on the road) - This would be displayed across the top during your game.

FOX game (NFC team on the road) - This would be in the upper left corner during your game.

Sunday Night Football - This would be along the bottom of during the game.

Monday Night Football - Also along the bottom

I've also put these on a screenshot of Madden to give you an idea of what they would look like in game.

CBS-http://www.flickr.com/photos/5522840...ream/lightbox/
FOX-http://www.flickr.com/photos/5522840...ream/lightbox/
SNF-http://www.flickr.com/photos/5522840...ream/lightbox/
MNF-http://www.flickr.com/photos/5522840...ream/lightbox/

Let me know your thoughts!!
First of all, very nice work man. That looked really good. Whether or not this could be implemented or not, I know you took some time to come up with this and I think that should be appreciated and respected first and foremost. You should tweet @MySportsPhotog some of your ideas along with these pictures.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
First of all, very nice work man. That looked really good. Whether or not this could be implemented or not, I know you took some time to come up with this and I think that should be appreciated and respected first and foremost. You should tweet @MySportsPhotog some of your ideas along with these pictures.
Thanks man, I really appreciate it! I actually did tweet him right after I finished it here and again not too long ago, just waiting for a response.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Thanks man, I really appreciate it! I actually did tweet him right after I finished it here and again not too long ago, just waiting for a response.
Not that it really matters, but that 6 under the rams logo looks pretty bad. Not that it would make the difference between them taking on this idea, but just for nice UI I'd clean that up.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Ok cool, if I talk to him anytime soon I'll bring it up with him. I talked to him on the phone on Tuesday during the GCRT show about how some of the player faces on the demo like Finley, Williams, and Grant were generic, but he said they weren't able to add any more player faces after the demo. He did say they will be adding a lot more next year and I'm guessing because of the lockout they probably weren't able to do as many scans this year as in past years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »