Home

Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

This is a discussion on Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #73
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

How's it going so far?
Old 08-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #74
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple
How's it going so far?

MADDEN 12

here are my findings.

Accelerations is STILL a factor for some players but now more so towards positions rather than every player.

Example Say you have a fast WR with 86 speed and 94 acceleration then he WILL slide ahead
(meaning not stop after the play making it look like hes too robotic)ON OCCASION after a play.

I say ON OCCASION now not loosely but normally. There is VERY little instance now where players slide ahead or go for plays 20 yards out .

I play with these settings so far after testing

Game Speed Normal
Threshold Normal
Playing ALL Pro Difficulty with these tweaks:
Pass blocking 75/50
Block Shedding 50/25

I'm also seeing that these things I noted as being issues and then being fixed within the original Madden 11 Attribute Edit have bee fixed.

I copy and pasted and bolded what I see as being NORMAL Now on Madden 12 with these very minimal setting I've been playing with...

1) Kick offs are better spaced. meaning players are not all rushing to the middle to get a kick punt returner. Defenders no longer run by or jump by piles because they no longer try from 20 yards out to tackle. Players realistically get 'stuck' or guard better at the line and don't make it down field so easily.

Also and this is true after every play is stopped. SOMEHOW players no longer jump up and run off they just casually move away instead of the super fast getting back to the sideline action we've been used to.

2) Pitch out run plays look more realistic and are guard like they should be. Good pitch out now happen 1 out of every 4 or 3 plays like they should.

3)Tackling in general is better looking. No more hiccups when players collide - However the feild texture in some stadium can cause framerate issues where the feild is patch thus making plays where players group up or gang tackle hitch up just a little.

4)Sideline catches are made better and over the top catches are reduced and catches in general happen at the knees at the shoulders etc. really cool stuff

4) Goaline play is actually slow! I mean you can throw and defenders are wondering what you're gonna do. They wait for the throw or for the motion to develop. looks better,- THIS HAS NOT BEN FIXED

5) Players no longer have that annoying hunchback look. they stand up straight. - With the new running animation this has been fixed to some degree.

6)NO one accelerates or warps onto plays anymore. Everything is handled depending on how close you are to the play. Nobody's flying in any more on plays and getting tripped up..This is in part due to strength and acceleration NOT being so high as well - Problem is now that when WE DO see it it based so muich on individual OVERALL stats (NOT PLAYER TRAITS THANKFULLY)

7) Eliminates, or cuts down on defensive backs skating and shifting into position for interceptions and tips they don't JUMP anymore into int and swats. It looks normal now - Somehow better but I believe a slider tweak can help this in general so I'm not worried

Last edited by Tomba; 08-27-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #75
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

Awesome, thanks a bunch Tomba. Can't wait to use your settings/roster when I pick up Madden on Tuesday. Great job, and I really appreciated your work.

And does strength effect LBs and Linemen the same way as 2011?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #76
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Awesome, thanks a bunch Tomba. Can't wait to use your settings/roster when I pick up Madden on Tuesday. Great job, and I really appreciated your work.

And does strength effect LBs and Linemen the same way as 2011?

I have now found out the attributes needing tweaking.

Agility and Awareness
play into many of the offensive blocking issues and continued acceleration strides after a play is stopped.

Agility for cornerbacks, safeties and free safeties are too high as well as their awareness from having to lower slider settings in order for them to play better.

I have a slider set now that captures the best gameplay possible for accurate yardage gains on runs.

Whether or not an attribute edit is needed for acceleration and strength is still being tested as I wanted to handle immediate gameplay issues that coincided with player gilding and accelerations after a play.

I also learned that auto strafe and auto sprint do not have to be on. While more importantly auto strafe CAN BE left on...

Have not changed game speed or threshold from the default Normal because it still plays and looks natural. So my testing is based off of the game speed being at default which is nice
Old 08-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #77
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Icon4 Re: Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

Don't want to make another thread due to my findings because cluttering up OS is the last thing I'd like to do but for those that wanted an update this one's BIG...

I have found the attribute edit for Madden 12.

After play testing all attribute edits that I made for Madden 11 in Madden 12 I've found out what could make madden 12 better.

Adjust ALL
Defensive Lineman
Offensive Lineman
Guards
Tackles
Linebackers
Cornerback
Safeties
Agility to match EXACTLY Their awareness attribute or Agility attribute Which ever is lowest.

Example:
IF Awareness = 80 then Agility should = 80
IF Agility = 60 Then Awareness = 60
Better example:
If awareness is 84 and agility is 74 then make awareness 74
If awareness is 74 and agility is 84 make agility 74

Game has no hiccups anymore and plays as if it's a patched game. This edit makes such a difference that it is astounding...

Time estimated to edit every each team is about 30 minutes or less.

Last edited by Tomba; 08-28-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #78
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

So dont change the other players attributes like hb, and qb right? Also what slider adjustments have you made tomba?
Old 08-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #79
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

So, will you have this available for download? I can't be bothered to do this, I have a rather short attention span when it comes to editing rosters.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #80
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
So, will you have this available for download? I can't be bothered to do this, I have a rather short attention span when it comes to editing rosters.

Yes it will be available.
All players are being given this attribute edit.
22 Teams done right now.

Pushing for a Tuesday release

Stay tuned....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »