Home

Madden 12 Offline Franchise Bidding video

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Offline Franchise Bidding video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #57
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Wow, they give it a real go at sorting franchise mode and people still moan.

I love the idea.

You WILL NOT be able to buy all the top players. Why?
  1. Salary cap is tougher.
  2. the timer will screw you over more than the cpu.
EG:-

Lets say in a mythical world Adrian Peterson, Clay matthews and Calvin Johnson are all free agents.

because of how highley they are rated, i guarentee all their timers start counting down at the same time.

so its 5 secs to go... who do you want. You bid for AP, you try to go to the others... oh unlucky time over..
It's look like from the video the timer starts when the 1st team makes a bid
Old 08-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 2
How can anyone think this is a good system? Seriously a timer. That siht sucks man. Man i was so geeked for this game two months ago, but i think i might pass. Now i think i kno y all those devleopers left.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #59
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Offline Franchise Mode: New Free Agent Bidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by cladyclad
How can anyone think this is a good system? Seriously a timer. That siht sucks man. Man i was so geeked for this game two months ago, but i think i might pass. Now i think i kno y all those devleopers left.
Lol, those developers wanted to implement this for a few years now. This system is a huge upgrade over the free agency system of the past.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #60
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Wait I'm really confused as to how this would work for multi user offline franchises I would hate to be controlling my team A and the computer controlling my team B gives Foxworth that absurd contract when I spent a first round pick on a corner.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #61
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cladyclad
Did you not know about this timer 2 months ago? It is meant to be hectic and challenging signing a free agent which it should be. It is a great idea and a hell of a lot better than the previous Maddens. Oh and to all saying "I might pass" I can't wait to see your posts complaining about the game after you buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #62
Rookie

Kegthaplaya's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajmyis
At the end of the video it said franchise year 1. Does that mean we can start our team right after the packers won the SB? I hope so!?
All the free agents seem to be people who were free agents this offseason as well aside from a few odds things like kolb being in there and nnamdi not being there.

I would absolutely love to redo the offseason before i start, i just hope theres a way to fix those problems with whos there and who isnt there.

Also to everyone complaining about money being the only factor, this is merely a foundation for a new system that will be improved upon. They cant add EVERYTHING in one year, and this system is a HUGE improvement over last years where they did indeed have other factors.

Only problem i see is a lack of a logical way to make that work with multiple users. Which isnt a problem for me personally so im not worried.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Did you not know about this timer 2 months ago? It is meant to be hectic and challenging signing a free agent which it should be. It is a great idea and a hell of a lot better than the previous Maddens. Oh and to all saying "I might pass" I can't wait to see your posts complaining about the game after you buy it.
Agreed. I prefer this new system with the timer opposed to the old one. In real life teams do have a timer of sorts it is just on a different scale. Just look at what happened with the Ravens WR situation. Their timer ran out
Old 08-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #64
Rookie

sharebear420's Arena

OVR: 9

It sounds alright.. but the whole player goes to the highest bidder thing is dumb imo. When I first heard about this I was happy and excited. But now I hear its who bids the most gets the player? Thats unrealistic honestly.. If adrian peterson was a free agent and the bills offerd them say a couple more million then the pats did, and he signs with the bills, thats just ******** lol hes not gonna go to the bills for a couple more million and miss a chance to play on a superbowl contender team. I honestly think they should have implemented ncaa 12, they did in gameplay, why not in franchise? Money shouldnt be there only thing determining where people go. It should also take in effect, how good a team is? proximity to home? weather? chances of making play offs? getting good stats? if AP signed to the bills his stats would go down, there obv not making the play offs but if he would of signed to the pats for say 1-2 mil less hes stats would go up.. hed make the playoffs. It just seems like they rushed it without thinking. Recruiting in ncaa 12 is amazing and they should have added certin things to make it not all about money. Look at the eagles this year, how many free agents did they sign? With this money highest gts the player system makes it unrealistic. You wont be able to get more than a couple free agenst every year which is obv NOT realistic hence the eagles, the pats etc etc if someone has a good team an wants to make a "dream team" like the eagles they should at least have the CHANCE to, not eliminating the option all together

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »