Home

Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #17
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSI

I just had a look at what I could/couldn't do so haven't played any games therefore don't have comments on DPP week to week.

I am extremely disapointed in the lack of a force trade option yet again. Especially with the current situations of Chris Johnson and Carson Palmer. While there's still no 3 team trades things could still be acomplished through your own team and draft picks.

The trade block is still a failure. The first thing is the AI is trying to trade away players they JUST got in real life this off-season. The Eagles are trying to get rid of DRC for example. Then they still don't accept offers if you give them exactly or better than what they want. If they say they'll take a 77+ QB and you offer a 82 rated QB the intrest meter turns green but they refuse. When a team is that desperate in real life it goes through.

Is it me or is FA broken? Everyone wants a 1 year 850k contract and that's the only option. Even the highly rated guys. The #1 guy is rated 91 and that's what he wants. Did I miss some new CBA rules?
Old 08-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSI

Im not one that demands perfection but things like Franchise are built upon the little things working. The new FA bid system and DDP are mostly all form no substance. The fact we have NCAA import issues and create a player is an issue IMO for gamers that follow both of their NCAA Dynasties and Madden Franchises. This wouldnt be an issue IF it was something was not in the last gen. If EA just takes care of the small things it will boost what is already there.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #19
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3

OK I just simmed thru season 1 and went to resign Mike Martz as my OC in Chicago and he is not there

here are some coaches you can sign

DC D. Moore
ST S. Richart
HC J.Looman
OC P. Frazier
OC I. Cummings
OC A. Dembrowski

these sound familiar to me but not the type of familiar I was looking for

I did see
DC R.Lewis
DC C.Bailey

Last edited by martz28; 08-27-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

Not liking seeing teams release their first rounders at the end of the preseason.

First and second rounders should all have prospect roles making them nearly impossible to cut

Saw Paea, Muhamed Wilkerson, Cowboys MLB, and Taylor Mays get cut in preseason. Hopefully opening day rosters alleviates this. Think I'll just pickup those teams and drop the veteran ahead of them so I can get started on my chise.

Last edited by Faizon; 08-28-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #21
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Started my Dallas Cowboys franchise, really impressed with the expanded roster, feels like a real exhibition season, you have to watch your roster. My first game against the Broncos, I lost rookies D.Harris and V.Banks harris is who I wanted to watch but he's gone for 2 weeks, the lb v.banks will be cut because he is out for 8 weeks.
the gameplay was improved and the DP made a difference.
I looking forward too a meaningful season. I play coach mode and the game was close Broncos 21 Cowboys 17 but it is preseason.
remember keep an eye on your roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 03:20 AM   #22
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Trade logic fail alert.

I signed T.O. and traded him to the Raiders for Ford,their 1st and 4th round picks.
After week 1 of the pre-season I was wondering why Little sounded so familar and looked him up. So I saw the Falcons owe the Browns their first rounder. I thought instead of just cutting a guy I'd put him up to 99,trade him to the Falcons for the pick then edit him back down due to the lack of force trade. They rejected it,it was a DT,then I edited a a CB up to 99 and offered both for the pick. They rejected. I looked at their roster and saw they could really use a LOLB. So I moved someone I was going to cut to LOLB and offered all 3 99 rated player for the pick the Browns are owed. They rejected it. 3 99 rated players for a late 1st round pick and it's rejected,all of them young too. Though I had just got a high 1st and 4th plus a player for an aging,trouble causing WR.

Last edited by goh; 08-28-2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #23
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18

I tried to play a franchise.....and i see they STILL call the Titans, the NEW YORK TITANS.....gtfoh EA....

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRxSKINSx
I tried to play a franchise.....and i see they STILL call the Titans, the NEW YORK TITANS.....gtfoh EA....
Yeah, nothing like ticking off all the Titans fans out there. Some developer didn't double-check some code somewhere. Again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »