Home

Old 08-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #9
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Having said that, it's obvious something is terribly wrong with QB Accuracy. These weren't missed passes by inches or feet, but passes from elite QB's that were off by 5+ yards. That's patch-worthy.
I think the issue is not with QB accuracy, but with traits and how they affect the players. For example, Brady appeared to be missing passes by a lot in the first vid. However, his traits have him at Forces Passes 'Ideal' and Throw Ball Away 'Yes'. So I think the issue is that the AI sees that there is no one open and since he doesn't want to force a pass, Brady's traits have him throwing the ball away to the sidelines.

Another example would be Vick and his Tuck and Run trait set at Often. From watching the first vid again, there was a time where Vick was off and running 3 or 4 plays in a row, and overall scrambled a bit too much for my liking considering the game was played on 3 minute quarters. The the most rushing attempts Vick had last year was 11, but of course this could just be an outlier with the game being in the snow(maybe conditions having an affect on decision making?).

Not saying that these are issues as of yet, since I do not have the game and I'm just going off these videos which fatleg so generously posted. I do think that these traits are worth looking at though, since they are a new feature for this year and some tuning might need to be in order should more people find some annoyances like what I described above.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

A guy is streaming Madden 12(season ticket) on Jtv and just shut out Green Bay 17-0. Aaron Rodgers had a single digit QB rating with 4 interceptions. Watching the AI QB play, PGaither's observations aren't isolated cases. It seems pretty bad.

Channel I was talking about: http://www.twitch.tv/mister_boston

Old 08-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #11
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

dang bro if you going to post my vids at least spell my name right lol. Its prophecy3 but its all good lol. Yes this is on all-madden. To me as I was watching this game it wasnt as bad as some make it seem. I think Brady was throwing those first couple passes away. Vick was making horriable decision making and throwing picks left and right so he got a lil gun shy and was taking off almost every play lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the traits are going to be where this year's game requires the most tweeking. I think with manipulation of the forcing/throw away/reaction traits we will be able to dial in the cpu QB play and cpu QB stats.

I remember last year's game out of the box was frustrating and then I took the time to set my sliders and create customized gameplans for each team and the game actually played very well. Then EA patched it and broke customized gameplans and the game became unplayable for me.

I have been doing some testing with slider/qb attributes and qb traits and i have gotten the qbs playing fairly realistically and still retaining some of thier individuality. The combo of adjusting ratings and traits rather than just one or the other seems to be making huge differences. My guess this will work for all positions.

Don't get me wrong that means that this year's game will require hours of adjusting to dial in, but at least it does seem possible this year. I am just praying they don't break anything with any future patches as has been my experiences recently with EA.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Another minor observation...

It's snowing like an m'f'er, and there is not a long sleeved shirt to be seen.

That, and when the Patriots offense is introduced, they don't highlight any of the players, but then Gus says 'He's definitely a player to watch in this one'... uhhhh who? There were 6 guys there, Gus.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #14
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
A guy is streaming Madden 12(season ticket) on Jtv and just shut out Green Bay 17-0. Aaron Rodgers had a single digit QB rating with 4 interceptions. Watching the AI QB play, PGaither's observations aren't isolated cases. It seems pretty bad.

Channel I was talking about: http://www.twitch.tv/mister_boston
Thank you for the link. I am watching now. Currently it is 24-0 Atlanta over the Panthers with 3 picks. Carolina has no offense.

As Tengo was eluding to... if you shut out Carolina this year, it makes sense. If you shut out Aaron Rodgers [and you are not one of the leagues best defensive teams] it looks silly. Cam had a QB rating of 9.6. That is Rex Grossman and J. Russ style.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-26-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

That is some brutally bad commentary. So much dead air, awkward pauses and tone changes. At 3:30 in the second vid he says "Wes Welker (awkward tone change) is not a quarterback thats going to make too many mistakes against the blitz..".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganone
That is some brutally bad commentary. So much dead air, awkward pauses and tone changes. At 3:30 in the second vid he says "Wes Welker (awkward tone change) is not a quarterback thats going to make too many mistakes against the blitz..".
In the stream I am watching, when the offense came on the field [and they were behind on the scoreboard] Gus Johnson said "Well Chris, what do you think they should try now?" Then there was silence. Mmm mmm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »