Home

Old 08-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #17
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
In the stream I am watching, when the offense came on the field [and they were behind on the scoreboard] Gus Johnson said "Well Chris, what do you think they should try now?" Then there was silence. Mmm mmm.
The commentary is just awful this year. I am talking worse than Joe Montana Sports Talk Football bad. Since I along with may others turn it off, if EA is going to put trash talk in the game can we at least get something that makes sense. Half time time some random player on the field yells out some random phrase that just sounds so out of place. Give me a louder crowd and some more realistic pad cracks and I am happy. Keep the money that you were going to give to Gus "Way Too Excited About A First Down" Johnson and give it to the sound team.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

He is playing against Indy right now [still all-pro]

The AI just isn't very good. Sometimes it will break off some plays, but it is going to take a lot of edits to improve game play against the computer.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #19
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Is this the type of thing that we can expect to be fixed on the actual release day?...

It is hard to believe they could release a game that is as broken as some are making it sound.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

It should be possible for EA to patch some things, but commentary isn't something they are going to patch. Also, they are not going to patch the AI. Madden 10 had, and to this day continues to have broken pursuit. Some big AI/game play problems EA has a reputation of just ignoring. All I expect are minor bug fixes and roster updates.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
He is playing against Indy right now [still all-pro]

The AI just isn't very good. Sometimes it will break off some plays, but it is going to take a lot of edits to improve game play against the computer.
The AI is always going to be terrible on All-Pro. A lot of people don't understand that. Most guys who can't handle the smarter AI on All-Madden complain that it cheats instead of getting in the lab an trying to get better which is the real problem. I rather get a competive CPU on All-Madden(with sliders) then and AI who is slow to react and make decisions with the ball on All-Pro..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #22
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
The AI is always going to be terrible on All-Pro. A lot of people don't understand that. Most guys who can't handle the smarter AI on All-Madden complain that it cheats instead of getting in the lab an trying to get better which is the real problem. I rather get a competive CPU on All-Madden(with sliders) then and AI who is slow to react and make decisions with the ball on All-Pro..
The only thing All-Madden does is bump up the computer sliders and lower the user's. That includes "Pass Reaction" and "Run Reaction" sliders. As a rsult, on a scale of 100, the computer goes from 50 to 75. The user goes from 50 to 25. That doesn't change how bad the computer is at finding running lanes or making reads. If you use custom sliders, it is no longer All-Madden, it is custom.

I just get the impression that the game is built for heads up play, and not against the computer.

I AM glad that they have tendencies this year. It helps make players like Vick actually tuck and run. While not perfectly tuned, it does improve the game play.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-26-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
The only thing All-Madden does is bump up the computer sliders and lower the user's. That includes "Pass Reaction" and "Run Reaction" sliders. As a rsult, on a scale of 100, the computer goes from 50 to 75. The user goes from 50 to 25. That doesn't change how bad the computer is at finding running lanes or making reads. If you use custom sliders, it is no longer All-Madden, it is custom.

I just get the impression that the game is built for heads up play, and not against the computer.

I AM glad that they have tendencies this year. It helps make players like Vick actually tuck and run. While not perfectly tuned, it does improve the game play.

They have to do that because the USER(good players) is smarter then the CPU just like you been saying. Me and my friends that I play my offline franchise with have no trouble punishing the CPU on default All-Madden. We had to adjust the sliders to make them even tougher. So far on 12 with the Demo they seem a lot tougher on All-Madden and for guys who have trouble with default All-Madden you can adjust the sliders in areas your having trouble in to make the game fun yet keep the game competitive.

Playing on All-Pro isn't going to get you better. I can put all the sliders on 100 on All-Pro and still hang 75 points or more on the CPU with ease. On All-pro the AI becomes clueless but to each his own. I just hate when I see people basing how bad the AI is on All-Pro when its meant to be terrible on All-Pro. It always has. All-Madden is for skilled players. I don't feel cheated on All-Madden especially when I can go out there and punish them sometimes. I just know I gotta be on point when I play and I like it like that. I didn't even know people actually played on All-Pro until I started getting on these forums.. I was in shock..

Also thats not true about the game becoming Custom once you mess with the sliders. If you keep each USER category at 75 or less the game remains at an All-Madden game play. Default All-Madden total for each USER category is 75. If you go one point over that it becomes and All-Pro game play. Me and a few guys on the slider forum figured that out on 11. You really need to start messing with the sliders PG.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 08-26-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoItage
It's hard to throw in heavy snow . . .
If we are going for realism then Brady is awesome, the best snow QB or in any weather. I noticed Vick throwing a bomb to CB Bodden when he had a guy open underneath, I still don't think it matters as the CPU will make you drop picks or make crazy catches as always on AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »