Home

Gameinformer review

This is a discussion on Gameinformer review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #73
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Gameinformer review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Ok, so you agree on special teams, correct? Great, We will start there...

Would you agree special teams is a pretty big part of the game in terms of a football game in general?

How many years has special teams been an issue in both the NCAA and Madden series?

How many years have the issues with special teams been overlooked?

Is EA really listening to the fan?

Enlighten me...
Which part of special teams. My biggest peeve is the punt/punt return game. I can't tell yet if it's still a problem this year... BUt yes ST's are huge.

My biggest issue is that it literally takes them years to fix fundamental bugs. Remember the offensive linemen progression issue? Or IR which I guess just got fixed this year, after being broken for a decade. Punt returns, etc, etc.

All that being said, if they fix it, I am not going to hammer them for fixing it, nor am I going to declare something not fixed until I see it myself.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Wrong, there are major glitches with game play in the show. This is not about the show but I can sit here and file a book report on the game play issues with that game.

The only difference is that calling out the show is not the popular thing to do or the MLB fans would start calling you a troll.

Also the cool thing to do is bash Madden, most people bash it without playing it because they feel like they are cool now and accepted.
Its not bashing giant, your bashing if they have improved the game and u still say they haven't. People have been on these forums for years including u, voicing there concerns and frustrations about MADDEN. They have improved, nobody saying they didn't, I'm sure not...BUT. They have had 6 years on the console and they are way behind on fundamentals. Try and get a pass interference call for me.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Its not bashing giant, your bashing if they have improved the game and u still say they haven't. People have been on these forums for years including u, voicing there concerns and frustrations about MADDEN. They have improved, nobody saying they didn't, I'm sure not...BUT. They have had 6 years on the console and they are way behind on fundamentals. Try and get a pass interference call for me.
Try and get a flagrant foul in 2K or try and get balk in a baseball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
How is Kick Offs working for the NFL now. They are trying to eliminate it and you want to say it is a huge part of it. Well now it is not and punting is the last phase of ST that will have big impact
Mute point... Kickoffs were changed to prevent injuries. Most disagree with the change, because special teams are such a big part of the game.

The change will hurt pro football more than help it. It is just another move by the NFL to coddle their money making investments.

but it doesn't change the fact, special teams is a very important part of the game.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 0

My game arrived today, and I had a few hours to play and tinker around with the game and in some ways its really a step back in terms of overall gameplay.

I know about the presentation and missing features but when you actually get to play it for yourselves, then you will see when the reviewer is coming from. My main gripe is the "mirror or psychic" abilities of the players when you are running the ball. I had a NT mirror my movements as i approached the LOS, one I got there I ran towards his inside as his back was being turned against me as he was being blocked and he still tackled me at the LOS.

Legacy issues are very present but nonetheless, the game is fun for now and it does feel "fresher"!

I just wish more people would be opened minded instead of relying on the "madden bashers" cop out line!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
At the end of the day, we made the game for the fans, not reviewers.

I never designed one franchise feature this year with any thought to how Game Informer would like it.

Keep in mind....they gave Head Coach 09 a 25 out of 100.

Everything we added in franchise mode was requested by you guys...at the end of the day, if you guys are happy = reviews don't matter.
As much as I criticize EA when it comes to Madden and focusing on new bright lights rather than fixing the broken entry door, I must thank you for this and commend you.

Thanks again, the community appreciates it and word of mouth will be better reviews than any website could be.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #79
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
[/b]

Interesting... Is that a fear because there is a belief there that EA doesn't test what they release, game or otherwise.

Wouldn't it make sense to test thoroughly and get it right the first time?

Would you release questionable products to your customers if you actually cared about them?

or better yet, if your competition was providing a better product?

Just saying...
I don't buy in to they aren't testing it. I come from a developer background, it they didn't test it, we'd see bigger issue imo. Now exactly do they test, and how thoroughly do they test it, is another question. I believe they spend the majority of the time testing stability, and do precursory tests on game features. Just my impression.

Some of that is due to us. Everyone wants things to be test so thoroughly but they also complain if the patch isn't delivered with in a rather short time frame. You simply can't have it both ways.

As far as NCAA last year, with patches and tuners, I don't think they have a great handle on the type of game balance they people at a place like OS are looking for. It seems like they overcorrect things one way, then overcorrect it back the other way. I thought the game was tuned pretty well out of the box last year, and they degraded the game play with the tuners.

It's a shame these games need patches, but with one year release cycles and pressure from above to rush them out the door, it's become the standard, and not just for EA, and not just in the gaming industry.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Which part of special teams. My biggest peeve is the punt/punt return game. I can't tell yet if it's still a problem this year... BUt yes ST's are huge.

My biggest issue is that it literally takes them years to fix fundamental bugs. Remember the offensive linemen progression issue? Or IR which I guess just got fixed this year, after being broken for a decade. Punt returns, etc, etc.

All that being said, if they fix it, I am not going to hammer them for fixing it, nor am I going to declare something not fixed until I see it myself.
How about penalties, specifically pass interference? How about the NCAA team releasing a football game with no intentional grounding? When is the last time you saw an offensive pass interference penalty or even a defensive pass interference penalty?

Are penalties no longer a "big" part of football. Do they not play a major role game in and game out? They do!

Again... Is EA really listening? Josh you can chime in if you would like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »