Home

NCAA RTG Importing Player Issues?

This is a discussion on NCAA RTG Importing Player Issues? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA RTG Importing Player Issues?

I don't have madden yet, but there was something I am concerned about. I was going to do a youtube series on my running back that I did a series with in NCAA and then import him to madden and start another series. But I am a little concerned because he was a 99 Overall in NCAA.

I would like to hear if you guys who got it early have any idea on how this works out in madden. I would be ok if I was a top 5 pick or whatever I mean that would be cool. But I am worried about this making the game too easy

What are your thoughts?

My Youtube Channel, I will be uploading almost exclusively sports gaming vids, along with other general gaming content. I'd appreciate any subs or contributions you guys want to give :D
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA RTG Importing Player Issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashFlang
I don't have madden yet, but there was something I am concerned about. I was going to do a youtube series on my running back that I did a series with in NCAA and then import him to madden and start another series. But I am a little concerned because he was a 99 Overall in NCAA.

I would like to hear if you guys who got it early have any idea on how this works out in madden. I would be ok if I was a top 5 pick or whatever I mean that would be cool. But I am worried about this making the game too easy

What are your thoughts?
I dont have the game, but I read from players who have it.
No Draft or Walk-On for RTG imports. Automatically get selected to a team.
Change Quarter Length in Main Menu before you start a SS player.
No SS Camera Angle. Choose Zoomed, Broadcast, Wide, Regular Angle.
Only 1 Practice(10 Plays) between games.
Import Ratings are Inconsistent. Anywhere from 70-87 OVR.
Player Portraits are automatically given.
Cant change any personal info(#s, H and W)
Old 08-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I dont have the game, but I read from players who have it.
No Draft or Walk-On for RTG imports. Automatically get selected to a team.
Change Quarter Length in Main Menu before you start a SS player.
No SS Camera Angle. Choose Zoomed, Broadcast, Wide, Regular Angle.
Only 1 Practice(10 Plays) between games.
Import Ratings are Inconsistent. Anywhere from 70-87 OVR.
Player Portraits are automatically given.
Cant change any personal info(#s, H and W)
That is pretty much spot on.

What happens with the draft you can set up the equipment but once you go to the calender it picks a team for you. You can then go to depth chart and you can see where you were drafted there. Usually 3rd round.

The rating is random also. You can be anywhere from a 78 to 83 from what I can tell.

You are always the starter no matter your rating. I was put on Green Bay with an 80 ovr and was given the starting position immediately. I played a preseason game, which has no subs during preseason, and played a regular season game.

The thing that bothers me is the players shoulder pads look jagged and huge. It is only cosmetic but just looks weird.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac7
That is pretty much spot on.

What happens with the draft you can set up the equipment but once you go to the calender it picks a team for you. You can then go to depth chart and you can see where you were drafted there. Usually 3rd round.

The rating is random also. You can be anywhere from a 78 to 83 from what I can tell.

You are always the starter no matter your rating. I was put on Green Bay with an 80 ovr and was given the starting position immediately. I played a preseason game, which has no subs during preseason, and played a regular season game.

The thing that bothers me is the players shoulder pads look jagged and huge. It is only cosmetic but just looks weird.
What Camera Angle do you use?

What I will do is keeping importing a player until I go to a team that NEEDs me. I dont want to start over a player or request a trade in 1st season. I already know what team I want my players to go to
Old 08-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
What Camera Angle do you use?

What I will do is keeping importing a player until I go to a team that NEEDs me. I dont want to start over a player or request a trade in 1st season. I already know what team I want my players to go to
I am using zoom now. Standard feels as though you are stuck in coach cam. Broadcast only worked for my defense but would switch back to standard when I had the ball, not sure if it's a glitch. The downside to zoom is the coach cam shows the receivers routes but you can not zoom out to see the coverage. You can not change camera angles mid game, or I haven't found a way.

What you can do is keep loading a player until you get a rating you like. 83 seems to be standard. Once you do that save it after you set up your gear. Then save. Go to calender and you'll see the team you are on. If you do not like it back out and reload the save. Rinse and repeat. I find Buffalo is the best team for QB's. You can not pick your number if that is something like that matters to you.

Another weird thing I have noticed is if you do player control and not supersim. The kick off camera always clips through the crowd so all you can see is the "back" of the crowd.

Something else you might like to know is the teams I get picked for the most are Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Minnesota, Washington, San Diego, Buffalo, and NY Jets. I have seen those the most. You can still request trades if needed.

Last edited by GMac7; 08-27-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Need to add more information.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
I am using zoom now. Standard feels as though you are stuck in coach cam. Broadcast only worked for my defense but would switch back to standard when I had the ball, not sure if it's a glitch. The downside to zoom is the coach cam shows the receivers routes but you can not zoom out to see the coverage. You can not change camera angles mid game, or I haven't found a way.

What you can do is keep loading a player until you get a rating you like. 83 seems to be standard. Once you do that save it after you set up your gear. Then save. Go to calender and you'll see the team you are on. If you do not like it back out and reload the save. Rinse and repeat. I find Buffalo is the best team for QB's. You can not pick your number if that is something like that matters to you.

Another weird thing I have noticed is if you do player control and not supersim. The kick off camera always clips through the crowd so all you can see is the "back" of the crowd.

Something else you might like to know is the teams I get picked for the most are Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Minnesota, Washington, San Diego, Buffalo, and NY Jets. I have seen those the most. You can still request trades if needed.
I plan on using zoomed.
Good to hear we will know our OVR before draft. I dont want to be rated higher then 82.
For QB- I want to go to WASH or MIA.
RB- Colts or WASH
WR-CHI, CLE, or STL
CB- OAK, HOU, or DET
3-4 OLB- SD, MIA, KC, JETs
SS- Any team with current SS under 86 or over age 32
DE- Any 4-3 Team
DT- Any 4-3 Team

I dont really care about #s. But, I know what # is available for the main/bolded team I want to go to.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
I plan on using zoomed.
Good to hear we will know our OVR before draft. I dont want to be rated higher then 82.
For QB- I want to go to WASH or MIA.
RB- Colts or WASH
WR-CHI, CLE, or STL
CB- OAK, HOU, or DET
3-4 OLB- SD, MIA, KC, JETs
SS- Any team with current SS under 86 or over age 32
DE- Any 4-3 Team
DT- Any 4-3 Team

I dont really care about #s. But, I know what # is available for the main/bolded team I want to go to.
I never created anything other than a RTG QB so I do not know who will pick you for the other positions. Washington is definitely a team that pops up a good amount for QB though. You should be good to go there.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
I never created anything other than a RTG QB so I do not know who will pick you for the other positions. Washington is definitely a team that pops up a good amount for QB though. You should be good to go there.
I know WASH has tons of PA passes. So Hopefully, it isnt broken. They have 6 WRs with 90+ Speed and 2 good TEs. So there are weapons in WASH
I will play on 10-12 Min Quarters for all my players

Last edited by illwill10; 08-27-2011 at 06:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »