Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #1937
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

What a series of events for the Browns in 2016. We (6-2) went into a battle with Pittsburgh (7-1) in week 10 at Heinz Field.

Ended up returning the opening kick for a TD and never looked back. While ROFLberger tried to bring the Steelers back, the Browns pulled away twice late in the game to even up the top of the AFC North.

Week 11 saw the Cowboys (7-2) come to Cleveland (7-2). The Cowboys came in and went to work as they jumped out to a 10-0 lead in the 1st quarter. The Cowboys star RB, Dain Coxson ran all over the Browns for the first 1.5 quarters. It wasn't until late in the 2nd quarter that the Browns cut the lead down to 10-7. By the time the 4th quarter came along the game was tied 17-17.

The anti-climatic finish happened. The Browns scored on a long drive that finished with a Gaston TD pass. Cleveland's Davonnie Chapman (who had been held at bay all game) broke away twice for long TDs and Cleveland made a close game look more lopsided than it was in reality - 41-17.

Now the Browns (8-2) are set to play the Steelers (8-2) once again in a game that could determine the AFC North and Home-Field Advantage in the Playoffs.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #1938
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Just did a fantasy draft with Steelers for fun, decided to draft all defense first. After I finished now I think I might run with it for a while.
I got Matt Flynn at qb, Ben Tate & Leon Washington at hb,Hines Ward & Randell El at wr. And Here's the DEFENSE

RE: Jason Pierre-Paul
DT: Ndamukong Suh,Geno Atkins
LE: Chris Long
LOLB: Clay Matthews
MLB: Jon Beason
ROLB: Sean Witherspoon
CB: Brandon Flowers, Leodis Mckelvin
FS: Earl Thomas
SS: Kam Chancellor

K: Sebastian Janikowski

What yall think? Just started the 1st game of the season and controller died right here at towards the end of the 1st. So I'm waiting and on here seeing what yall think of what could be the next steel curtain lol.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 01-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #1939
Rookie

OVR: 3

After taking a Massive break off this game ( Since GOW came out in September), watching the NFL playoffs has def. given me the feeling for some Madden. Started my chise with the Falcons (Again after going 4yrs). 1st game off the season vs the Bears, we started slow as Cutler threw 3tds in the 1st qrtr alone. However, my defense stepped up and started challenging the bears offense. Down 21-7 at the half the dirty birds started rolling. With 1:09 left in the 4th qrtr, down by 8 matty ice pulled an impressive dive and connected with rookie Jones for a 46 yrd TD. however, matty ice threw a ****ty pass to Tony G that would've tied the game =[. Although we had a good game on offense, that Bears D-line was a nightmare. Ran for 87yrds with Turner. Julio Jones was a monster racking up 11rec for 127 yrds and 2 tds.

OH MAN HOW I'M LOVING THIS GAME AGAIN. TAKING A BREAK REALLY MAKES YOU APPRECIATE THE GAME MORE.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #1940
MVP

Icy4me's Arena

OVR: 15

I just had my worst game of the season vs the Texans, with the Jags. We lose 56-24, it was 33-24 when the 4th started and Gabbert threw 3 picks in the first 5 mins of the 4TH. A.J. Feeley(I trade L.McCown for him), had 2 picks, so I benched him and put in LeFeavor and he threw a pick and lost a fumble. Posluszny had a season high 17 tackles and 1 sack. The Texans safety Manning(I think) got the NFL record for Ints, with 4.

Were 2-6 now, Gabbert is bring horrible, for the season he has 4 TDs, 17 INTS, and 1180 yards.

MJD is being a beast tho, he has 1134 yards 10 TDs and is the leader in rushing by 100 yards.

Looking forward for a high pick and hopefully get J.Blackmon(I'm controlling all 32 teams).

Last edited by Icy4me; 01-25-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #1941
MVP

Icy4me's Arena

OVR: 15

I lost my last 2 games(Were 2-8 now) to the Colts(17-23) and to the Browns 23-20 on a last second FG.

Gabbert in the Indy game was 8/12 67 yards 0/0 and in the Browns game 10/19 74 yards 0/1. But MJD is having a beast year in those 2 games he combined for 61 att, 406 yards and 4 Tds.

Heres some of are stats this year. Gabbert 46.6 rating, 1622 yds, 6td/19int.
MJD 256 1533 14TD and B.Robiskie 36 rec, 380 yards and 1 TD.

Bal 8-2
Ten 6-4
SD 6-4
Ten 5-5
Cin 7-4
Cle 6-4(Pit 6-4)
Ne 5-5
Den 5-5(They started 0-5, and now their 5-5, its Tebow Time!)

GB 8-2
Dal 6-4
No 6-4
Ari 5-5
Wash 6-4
NYG 6-4
Phi 4-6(Started 0-4)
SF 4-6(Started 0-5)

And me and TB are the worst teams, 2-8.

Last edited by Icy4me; 01-26-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #1942
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

The Bucs let Talib walk via free agency after his pathetic showing in the Super Bowl. The team will be looking for more CB and moving around some players in the secondary this offseason. The also released DT Wells, one of their depth DT options, so again, the team will be looking for a DT complement to Miller. Gerron Brown, the ROLB turned RE, signed a fat paycheck, getting $70 M total value for 5 years.

The league is currently in the Re-signing period and notably, Patrick Peterson got paid. He signed a $72 M contract for 6 years (average value $12 M). There were other signings of Madden draft kids getting their first real contract as well making some big bucks. Highest contract I signed for a team was over $80 M total value for 6 years, but the guy was a total stud.

A LOT of teams have let many guys go so far, a lot of marginal and average players, so it should be an interesting FA period, especially if some players don't sign (I give teams, including mine, 3 chances to sign studs, 1 for everyone else).

One thing I found out is if you keep trying to sign a guy after he rejects an offer, he may well sign anyway if you keep trying.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #1943
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

The Browns are going to have a situation very similar to the Eagles a few years ago. Derek Gaston is proving to be the future of the team - but what does that mean for their first round pick out of Stanford?

Logan has stated that he wants to play for the Browns but he isn't happy on the bench. Gaston has a contract that makes it a lot easier to get rid of him in a trade. However, will the Browns really do the same thing they did with Colt McCoy and trade their starting QB?

Gaston has set a pace to finish the season with 5400 yards, 48 TDs and 8 INTs this season. With only five weeks remaining and the playoffs on the horizon, the question stands.

The Browns have a new way of rating their players that takes the questionable OVR Rating out of the picture. This rating is VALUE, or How Important The Player Is To The Team (OUT OF 100)

Note - (I am at work and doing this from memory )
*Rookie
QB - Gaston (91)... Logan (78)
HB - Chapman (94)... Ayers (79)
FB - Marecic (81)
WR - Thomas (90)... Little (90)... Crabtree (87)... Butler (79)... Miles (75)
TE - Cameron (91)... Colee (76)... Winslow (73)
OL - Thomas (93)... Mack (84)...
DE - Sheard (97)... Mays (83)
DT - Taylor (89)...
OLB - *Dulan (90)
MLB - Hardaway (95)
CB - Haden (93)... *Stewart (90)... Skrine (87)
S - Revis (93)... Ward (90)
K - Kirkland (88)

The moral of the story is that the Browns have a lot of great players. They have built through the draft but there remains a lot of work to do and some players are on their way to the twilight of their career - Joe Thomas and Alex Mack have held this team together from the Offensive side, but rumors are that the Browns are looking to future at the O-Line.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #1944
Rookie

OVR: 2

Cre8- I'd love to know if there's any formula to how you determine a player's value, or do you just assign a number of your choosing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »