Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #1953
Rookie

Coltsnpacers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Hello! Long time reader, new user.

Anyway, I did a Giants franchise because I got bored of making Colts franchises over and over. I just finished my first season and went 12-4 and winning the superbowl. I traded my 1st round + 3rd round for the Rams 1st overall pick, which I drafted Andrew Luck. During week 4 of the preseason, I noticed that Alshon Jeffery was in free agency (I was shocked). So I signed him. I traded Eli Manning to the Browns for a future 1st and 2nd round pick. So my roster looks like this:

Starters:

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Alshon Jeffery
TE: Jake Ballard
OL: (Forget)
DE: Justin Tuck and Jason Pierre-Paul
DT: Stephen Paea and Chris Canty
LB: DJ Williams, Lofa Tatupu, and Shawne Merriman
CB: Prince Amukamara, Corey Webster, Charles Tilman
FS: Antrell Rolle
SS: Bob Sanders

I am currently starting the first week in season 2.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #1954
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Bucs are now 4-1 and are looking much more shaky on offense.

The loss came in week 4 at the hands of the Lions, always a tough match up for the Bucs. This time, the score was a 38-13 drubbing. Needless to say, the offense couldn't do anything right and Suh was just causing trouble, even if he wasn't getting the stats on his name, he was disrupting everything.

Freeman struggled badly and had easily the worst game of the season. He had 0 TD, 2 INTs and it was just ugly. The defense eventually collapsed under the fatigue of being on the field so long and the offense couldn't do anything to help.

Week 5 vs the Pats was pretty much the same way early on. The defense was playing angry and halfway through the first, got a strip sack on Brady (he's still around in Year 7) which RE Brown took in for the TD.

After that, Freeman coughed the ball and set the Pats up in excellent position, but the defense was able to hold to a FG. Later, Freeman then threw an interception. The defense, though, got back to back sacks on Brady to force a long FG attempt, which sailed wide.

The Bucs offense finally moved the ball, and put up 3 on their own, and the Pats got 3. Score is 10-6, Bucs.

Bucs got another FG but this time the defense wasn't able to get the same pressure on Brady. He worked the ball down the field, and the Pats pushed it in for a rushing TD to tie up the game at 13.

Then Gibson struck. After a stalled drive by the Bucs, the Pats took over. Brown was back to getting pressure on Brady, and forced a rushed throw underneath. Gibson was there to grab the INT and give the Bucs just what they needed, a short field.

Even the struggling Freeman put together a drive, capped by a pass to TE Sullivan for the go-ahead score. The Bucs would add another FG to make it 23-13, Bucs.

The Pats wouldn't die. Brady started getting in another groove, and the Pats mixed run and pass well to get down the field. In the red zone, Brady found Titus Young crossing the middle with Gibson just a step late to stop him from getting into the end zone. That put the score at 23-20 with under 2 minutes left.

The Pats kicked it deep as they had 3 time outs. If the Bucs couldn't get a 1st down, the Pats would still have time to try for the tying FG.

Fortunately, the Bucs ground game pounded out a first down and was able to run out the clock for the narrow victory.

Injuries:
Notable injury is to SS Whitley, who was having an excellent start to the season. He will be out 7 weeks. Rookie S Smiley will be called upon to fill the void.

Transactions:
Tampa Bay release a 7th string CB who had walked on as a UDFA. The team needed the roster spot for another MLB, and signed Paul Posluszny, an 11 year vet, to a 1 year deal.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #1955
Rookie

thewolverines24's Arena

Second week of my second year with the Patriots. It's still raining. Even when my PS3 is turned off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 01:43 AM   #1956
Rookie

New to posting here.

but , anyways

just started my 2nd season with the Seahawks went 14-2 1st season and won Superbowl against the Colts didn't do much in the offseason i sent Rice packing and got burress in FA signed him for 2 years also got a damn good WR in the draft scouted him scene the start of 1st season and he became 86 ovr WR got a good QB in the draft as well 85 ovr and also signed some DE,DT,OLB,MLB,OT,OG as well needed some blocking for lynch but thats bout it untell next time ..

any ideas on any good offence RT or RG because i need some bad and some OLB . thanks for any help

Old 01-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #1957
MVP

Icy4me's Arena

OVR: 15

I won the last 3 out of 4 games with the Jags against the Bucs 28-19, Titans 40-30, Colts 40-27, our record is 5'11 and we have the 5th pick in the draft.

MJD broke the rushing yard record with 2310 yards, 17 TDs, on 402 attempts.

Gabbert - 2461 yards, 10TD/31int, 47 sacks, 213/443
Nate Davis - 702 yards, 6TD/4int, 8 sacks, 54/105(He played some for the final 4 games).

MJD 402att, 2310yds, 5.7avg, 17TD
Karim 73att, 402yds, 5.4, 2TD(Last 2 games, he had 100 yards)
Gabbert 36att, 224yds, 6.2avg, 1TD

M.Lewis 74rec, 858yds, 4TD
B.Robiske 40rec 442 1TD
D.Jarret 38rec, 555yds, 2TD
M.Thomas 31rec, 401yds, 3TD

D.Smith 110Tackles, 6sacks
P.Poluszly(?) 106tackles, 2sacks
A.Kampman 5.5sacks
T.Aluhu 5 sacks
G.Selive(?) 4.0sacks, I put him in some packages, so that is why he has some sacks .

R.Mathis 5 ints

J.Scobee 30/32, 59 long, he didn't miss once since week 3. He won NFL best kicker, but he still isn't going to the pro bowl, which confuses me, but oh well.

MJD and Mathis are the only players, that are going to the pro bowl.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #1958
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Getting into a situation with Jabaal Sheard where this guy is suddenly blowing up and I feel like we are at a cross-roads financially.

Sheard is now a 27 year old veteran and is on pace to smash the Single Season Sacks Record. I am thinking about franchising him just to make sure I get a good trade but it will be expensive to do that just for one year...

The issue is this...

(Starting QB) Gaston is going to be up for a new contract next year and he has earned a big pay day... Looks like we either need to decide if we are going to trade while he is high value and get something big for him or sign him to be the future of the franchise.

I also have 4 years left on Revis' $80 million dollar deal.

I have 3 first round picks in 2017 and a top QB from the 2016 draft waiting in the wings.

What would you do?
Old 02-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #1959
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
Getting into a situation with Jabaal Sheard where this guy is suddenly blowing up and I feel like we are at a cross-roads financially.

Sheard is now a 27 year old veteran and is on pace to smash the Single Season Sacks Record. I am thinking about franchising him just to make sure I get a good trade but it will be expensive to do that just for one year...

The issue is this...

(Starting QB) Gaston is going to be up for a new contract next year and he has earned a big pay day... Looks like we either need to decide if we are going to trade while he is high value and get something big for him or sign him to be the future of the franchise.

I also have 4 years left on Revis' $80 million dollar deal.

I have 3 first round picks in 2017 and a top QB from the 2016 draft waiting in the wings.

What would you do?
If I'm confident about the 2016 drafted QB, I would trade Gaston and go with the draftee, even if I had to "trim the playbook" a bit until I can see what he can and can't do well at this point. I would try to get a good #2 QB in Gaston trade, of course.

That way I could sign Sheard and keep my defense together and potentially lose nothing on offense (if the R QB steps up or develops well in a year), get a good back up, just in case, and bring in more picks.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #1960
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
If I'm confident about the 2016 drafted QB, I would trade Gaston and go with the draftee, even if I had to "trim the playbook" a bit until I can see what he can and can't do well at this point. I would try to get a good #2 QB in Gaston trade, of course.

That way I could sign Sheard and keep my defense together and potentially lose nothing on offense (if the R QB steps up or develops well in a year), get a good back up, just in case, and bring in more picks.
That is what I was thinking. I figure Gaston is probably performing at his top potential as it is and I really want to give Logan a fair shot. Logan is built like a Big Time QB and I feel like he has a brighter future.

Thanks for the input.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »