Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #1961
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
That is what I was thinking. I figure Gaston is probably performing at his top potential as it is and I really want to give Logan a fair shot. Logan is built like a Big Time QB and I feel like he has a brighter future.

Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I'm have a mobile QB with a killer arm. I pretty much ignored him because he was an "old prospect" (came in at 24) and Freeman is doing well. Now Freeman is still doing well, but the back up is 27 and his accuracy ratings shocked me. I was looking at my QB depth chart and was like...whoa - he's that good now? He's ready to not just start, but probably a take a team somewhere.

I just can't bring myself to trade Freeman - he (typically) does well. Might need to shop that #2 guy around, though. Might could land a stud CB to go with Barry Freeman, my shutdown lockdown DB ace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #1962
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Bucs head into the start of the second half point at 6-1. The passing offense is not clicking just yet. It's decent - Freeman has an 84 QB rating with 8 TD vs 3 INTs, but not many yards. Likewise, the WR are having a hard time getting into the end zone, with TE Sullivan leading with 4 TDs.

The run game, however, has rejuvenated with the infusion of some strong run-blocking OL. Blount has 9 TDs already and there's 4 more from his supporting cast to give the team 13 rushing TDs. Blount is at 4.7 yd/carry.

Overall, the team is still reliant on forcing turnovers. The team is +9 in the turnover ratio, best in the league by +2. Fumble recoveries have been big with 8 of the team's 16 takeaways coming that way.

The pass defense is still pretty average, basically right down the middle of the league. It's salvaged by the pass rush, up to 28 sacks, which leads by a bit. The team is #1 in run defense in the league, which also helps the cause.

Individually, the linebackers have been the bullwarks of the defense. Murray and Mays harrass the QB along with Brown, a former linebacker, and Bowers and his rookie backup all helping to take down QBs. Gibson is again doubling up on the nearest defender in tackles. He has 77 so far.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #1963
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

Tennessee Titans Franchise
In Year 1, I made some big moves and began to re-tool the roster. Traded Chris Johnson, Courtland Finnegan, 2013 2nd round pick, 2014 3rd round pick for Von Miller. I also got rid of Chris Hope and let Michael Griffin walk to free agency after the first year (signed with OAK along with Justin Tuck...stupid Giants). So here is how it has gone since:

Year 1: 6-10 last in AFC South (#4 overall pick - CB Dre Kirkpatrick)
Year 2: 8-8 2nd in AFC South, missed playoffs (#19 overall pick - SS Robert Lester - DROY in YR3)
Year 3: 12-4 1st in AFC South, #1 seed. Lost to Packers in Superbowl 22-25 (2OT).

Still rolling with Locker at QB and drafted speedster RB Jeff Demps as part of my 1-2 punch with Jamie Harper. The Superbowl game was the best game I have every played. After the first OT ended, there was no kickoff or anything. The game just picked up where it left off. In this case, it was 4th and long for me, so I punted it away and worked like a kickoff. I'm glad the CPU didn't have the ball in my territory and get to start with a short field or I would have been really mad. They need to fix that even though not many games go that long. On the final drive, I was subbing out all my defenders due to fatigue, it was crazy. I couldn't keep anyone on the field longer than a few plays. That is what made the difference.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #1964
Rookie

Kuratchi's Arena

OVR: 2

Chargers off-season year one. After an 8-8 season(sim)

The Chargers need some younger corners. Jammer is getting a little old and has lost some speed. We scouted Kemnavus Grove and Keevin Rozier.

We need another big play receiver to be on the other side VJax. But this draft doesn't seem to have very many quality receivers.

Bob Sanders is just not worth it and will be drafting a SS as high as possible.

Key Re-Signings:
Antonio Gates - TE
Vincent Jackson - WR
Leonard Weaver - FB
Nick Hardwick - C
Louis Vasquez - T

Key Free Agent Signings:
Justin Tuck - DE
Kyle Love - DT

Draft Signings:
Dennis Brandon - SS
Cassius Belton - SS
Keevin Rozier - CB
Devaliera Anthony - DT
Je-Marc Coles - C
Drake Willis - WR
Keiwone Smith - HB
MLB: San Diego Padres
NHL: Colorado Avalanche
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder/ Denver Nuggets
Old 02-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #1965
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

The Browns are getting ready to finish the 2016 season this weekend and it is possible that we could be seeing a preview of the AFC Title in week 12.

Cleveland is set to face Mike Vick, ex-Brown Carlton Mitchell and DeMarcus Ware.

Vick is now 36 years old but hasn't really lost a step.

"This guy still has to be spied every play. He is truly one of a kind and there is no way to stop him... we just have to slow him down." said Browns Head Coach, Keith Brooking.

While Cleveland is among the highest scoring teams in NFL History, the focus is starting to turn towards their defense.

MLB, Nick Hardaway is having the best year of his career and said yesterday in an interview with the Plain Dealer -

"We are focused on stopping Mike Vick first and foremost. Bottom line is that our front seven has the ability to control this game if we plan to control Vick. I never try to hurt anyone, but I promise you that we will be hitting a little bit harder this week just because we are in the home stretch of a great season and we see light at the end of the tunnel."

The Browns found a way to win back to back Super Bowls in 2012 and 2013 under the leadership of Colt McCoy. A lot of this can be attributed to weaker opponents during that time. Now that things have been ramped up a bit, this season is a little bit sweeter. Here is hoping that Cleveland can find a way in 2016.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #1966
Pro

OVR: 25

Started a Dolphins franchise. We lose to the Pats in our 1st game 35-10. Won our next game 20-10. In week 3 Reggie Bush was hurt. Daniel Thomas went OFF for 321 rushing yards. We won 26-19. LOst to the Chargers 9-17. Before our next game I traded a 4th round pick and CB Will Allen to the Lions for DT Corey Williams. A late rally came up short as we lost to the Jets 20-24. 2-3 now. Daniel Thomas is third in the NFL rushing for 599 yards. On the defensive side of the ball Chris Clemons,Yeremiah Bell, and Karlos Dansby are headed for triple didgit tackles. Bell has played like a ballhawk intercepting 3 passes and has 1 FF. Rookie speedster Clyde Gates has been one of the lone bright spots in the offense with 9 rec. for 152 yards and a TD. Brandon Marshall has been disappointing with 12 rec. for 111 yards and 1 TD. It isn't exactley his fault though. QB Chad Henne has a 41.1 passer rating with 3 TDs and 11 INT. Next up: Broncos
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 02-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #1967
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Okay, this might have been the toughest game yet...even more than the last one...

Facing the Saints at the Dome so I knew it would be hard, but this was crazy. The defense gave up 27 points, tons of yards, but forced 5 turnovers. That kept giving the offense chances and in the 4th quarter, we got a huge play on a 79 yd screen pass with some nifty running and following blocks to get into the open field.

But the rookie QB for the Saints, filling in for an injured Brees, stepped up and drove his team down the field for the tying score. We go to OT tied at 27.

Saints win the toss, take first possession of OT.

Then Gibson struck. Again. He forces Ingram's THIRD fumble of the game, and Brown was right there to pounce on it to set the Bucs up deep in Saints territory.

Bucs move it on the ground to the Saints' 8 and kick the winning FG.

Gibson and safeties Holliday and Smiley all got a work out. Cohen, a nickle CB got an INT as well. Holliday had 12 tackles and a pick. Smiley had 9 tackles. Gibson had 14 (11 solo) tackles, 3 FF. All of these were CPU gained, except the Cohen pick - I tried to user that one and got it.

Defense also got the pass rush going. Brown came sooooo close to having three sacks, but had to settle for one as the rookie got the ball away just in time on a couple. Bowers, though, got in there for 2 sacks. OLB Murray got a strip sack (my guys were on a forced fumble kick in this one!) [These were all CPU gained].

The sad (or I guess, good in a way) thing is that the rookie put up 400 yds on us...all avoiding the shut down corner. The good thing is that the AI won't challenge him unless I can bait it or the QB gets daring. The sad thing is my other corners suck that bad!!!

Took one sack on a busted screen. Decided to eat the ball instead of risking a bad throw. Not sure how I feel about being so reliant on turnovers...it's good we can generate them, but...

Next up is the rival Panthers, sitting at 6-3.

Here's box score:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints
Nov 12, Year 71ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-1)140310330
New Orleans Saints (5-3)31707027
Team Stats Comparison

TAMNOR
Total Offense506531
Rushing Yards139145
Passing Yards367386
First Downs2023
Punt Return Yards35
Kick Return Yards135117
Total Yards644653
Turnovers15
3rd Down Converstion7-143-10
4th Down Conversion1-11-1
2-Point Conversion

Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/21/2
Penalties3-301-10
Posession Time27:4522:45
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGTAMNOR
9:53(TAM) Sherman 1 yd run (Vaclav kick)70
4:54(NOR) Finch 26 yd FG73
0:41(TAM) M. Williams 36 yd pass from Freeman (Vaclav kick)143
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGTAMNOR
10:53(NOR) Clements 48 yd pass from Bates (Finch kick)1410
7:02(NOR) Sturdivant 65 yd pass from Bates (Finch kick)1417
2:35(NOR) Finch 23 yd FG1420
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGTAMNOR
3:09(TAM) Vaclav 38 yd FG1720
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGTAMNOR
7:16(TAM) Vaclav 36 yd FG2020
3:04(TAM) Bailey 79 yd pass from Freeman (Vaclav kick)2720
0:51(NOR) Graham 17 yd pass from Bates (Finch kick)2727
OVERTIME SCORINGTAMNOR
10:14(TAM) Vaclav 25 yd FG 3027
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Josh Freeman22/38 (57%)38920
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Blount18985.40
Bailey8273.30
Sherman4143.51
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Sullivan811917.30
Williams68914.61
Wheeler45914.70
Jackson22613.00
Bailey17979.01
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Pearson10
Wells10
Williams01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
MLB Gibson14000
FS Holiday12010
SS Smiley9000
CB Cohen4010
LOLB Murray4100
ROLB Mays3000
DE Bowers2200
DE Brown1100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Vaclav3/43/31238
New Orleans Saints
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Bates22/36 (61%)40632
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Ingram17834.80
Sturdivan5275.40
Bates4358.70
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Ingram58617.20
Clements510921.81
Graham58316.61
Colston2189.00
Sturdivant16060.01
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Crawford02
Coles01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
CB Cobb10000
MLB Angerer9000
FS Jenkins7000
CB Reed7000
MLB Martin7000
SS Tyler6000
DT Wheeler6100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Finch2/23/3927

Notes:
Gibson got his 100th tackle of the season with 7 games left to play...Gibson also got his 20th forced fumble of his career, and has at least 2 forced fumbles in 5 of his 6 years...18 of the team's 37 sacks have come from the trio of Brown, Bowers, and Murray...The Saints have the most Giveaways in the league. The Bucs have the most Takeaways..****mors build about backup QB Jason Terry, rated as 90/A by scouts, being traded sometime before the start of next season...
Old 02-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #1968
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Giving this a try...

Enjoy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »